Forums upgraded! Read more... ×
cn-nadc.net | North Atlantic Defense Coalition
Sign in to follow this  
Member Berry

Pokemon Go

So is anyone playing? haha 

My son does.

I'm waiting for the official release for my country!

I am LOL

Stories like this happen because of a lack of common sense, not because of the game :P 

• Upvote 1

I downloaded it today to see what all the fuss was about.

How was it?

So there is a gym and a pokestop in the field right outside my house, (Which is nice I guess) but there are so many more people frequenting that place than before the game released, its kinda funny. 

If I was a cafe owner, i'd do a deal with the game company and have a pokestop & gym in my cafe...

How was it?

A bit addictive!

If I was a cafe owner, i'd do a deal with the game company and have a pokestop & gym in my cafe...

I've heard that some people are offering to drive people around in exchange for cash! haha 

I've read about Uber drivers doing Pokemon runs.

I just picked it up, not too busy around my house but I work in town so I bet it's gonna be pretty crazy there.

I've heard that some people are offering to drive people around in exchange for cash! haha 

This is called a taxi service, and has existed since 1605. Welcome to the future

Bring on the smartphone simulators that let you input GPS coordinates or even read them from an input source.  You don't have to leave your house!   If you are going to cheat at spend cash on Pokemon Go, pay a programmer, not a taxi driver.

Bring on the smartphone simulators that let you input GPS coordinates or even read them from an input source.  You don't have to leave your house!   If you are going to cheat at spend cash on Pokemon Go, pay a programmer, not a taxi driver.

Supposedly you get banned for this, and the company already has ways to know.

This is called a taxi service, and has existed since 1605. Welcome to the future

Last I checked taxi services don't  market specifically to pokemon go players, these were people with no affiliation to taxis services that were offering to drive people around.  

Supposedly you get banned for this, and the company already has ways to know.

Pay a good programmer, you can avoid all detection.  You might have to combine this with a little phone mod so it looks like the coordinates are coming from GPS hardware.  Then download some recorded "walks", jitter the coordinates randomly, and there you go.  I'm not suggesting you should actually do this, I'm just pointing out that you can't tell from the internet server whether or not the device is really moving or not.  It's just a matter of time before someone writes the hack, especially if there is money involved (cheaper than paying a car for sure).

I haven't looked in to whether or not the phone can tell Pokemon Go what cell towers it's using, I guess that might make it a little harder.

My son plays some game called Resources. I've never seen him walk and drive all around as much as he does now.