Forums upgraded! Read more... ×
cn-nadc.net | North Atlantic Defense Coalition
Sign in to follow this  
Member Berry

Debate 2016

Who is hyped?   interested in seeing what the two awful candidates get to spout? 

Who else will be playing? :P 

I'll make sure to watch it (not live, though) but I'm not expecting quality.

I think Donald Trump did reasonably well in the beginning of the debate, somewhere in the middle the tides turned and Clinton just gained the upper hand.  I think it was around the time when she mentioned he rooted for the housing crisis. 

I still haven't watched it yet but it seems by all credible accounts Trump didn't win. Not sure that makes a difference, tbh.

Thats the thing, Trump's base is not going anywhere, neither is Clinton's. Basically they just duked it out for the few sane people left. Seeing as neither of the candidates are sane, it is hard to say where those people in the middle ground are. They may all agree that Trump won the debate, but in the end, that does not mean they will in fact vote for Clinton. Those votes are up for grabs, but the first debate will do little to resolve who they will end up voting for. 

Thats the thing, Trump's base is not going anywhere, neither is Clinton's. Basically they just duked it out for the few sane people left. Seeing as neither of the candidates are sane, it is hard to say where those people in the middle ground are. They may all agree that Trump won the debate, but in the end, that does not mean they will in fact vote for Clinton. Those votes are up for grabs, but the first debate will do little to resolve who they will end up voting for. 

Yep, I agree.  

Also Horray on being the last few sane people left and potential deciders on the election :P 

Yep, I agree.  

Also Horray on being the last few sane people left and potential deciders on the election :P

Gary Johnson 2016. 

Clinton and Trump are both bad and Johnson isn't any better....http://www.mediaite.com/online/gary-johnson-stuns-morning-joe-panel-with-a-blank-stare-what-is-aleppo/  http://www.mediaite.com/online/gary-johnson-bizarrely-sticks-his-tongue-out-at-reporter-like-the-very-serious-candidate-he-is/

CNN sure did seem like Clinton won the debate. A large majority of polls favored Trump. I thought this article was rather interesting. It's a bunch of undecideds (mostly dems) in Pennsylvania, which will be a pivotal state in November....http://nypost.com/2016/09/26/the-best-debate-takes-come-from-inside-the-bar/

This has to be the worst set of candidates in my lifetime....and my lifetime is probably longer than just about everyone reading this....lol. 

If I had to put money on it, I think it will be very close, but Clinton will win. We could even have another 2000 where the winner of the popular vote does not win the electoral college.

With regards to the first link, anyone can have a moment when their mind slips and words can fly over their head.  I highly doubt Gary Johnson didn't know what Aleppo was.   

The second link, its better than what Trump or Hillary has been doing. :P 

They were talking about Domestic policy and then without prompting the moderator switched to foreign policy. While Johnson should have still known what Aleppo was, it is understandable when discussing domestic affairs to not fully understand a question based in foreign policy. If there would have been a warning like "switching to foreign policy, what do you think about Aleppo" this gaffe would be more substantial. There was literally zero context surrounding Aleppo. That would be like having a conversation about the weather and the person asks you how the Yankees were doing. 

Even if he somehow truly did not know what Aleppo was, which I highly doubt, I still believe he is a genuine guy with a vision for America that is not the same thing that we hear every four years. He is levelheaded and an outsider. He brings the best policy opinions of each candidates and mixes it with the passion for the American people that Hillary lacks and the temperament that Trump lacks. 

Johnson actually said he didn't know what Aleppo was. There's no real way to spin that.

This guy doesn't have a clue about foreign policy. He made an ass of himself again...http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/09/28/gary-johnson-has-another-aleppo-moment-during-town-hall-on-msnbc/

It's sad and pathetic the candidates we have running this year- all of them.

I swear, just when Clinton could pull away and get a demanding lead, something always happens.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders-supporters-audio-leak-228997lol 

Johnson is a libertarian anyway, so you're better off without ;)

I can't really see any problem with what Clinton said... maybe I am missing something. Ok, I almost certainly am

Johnson is a libertarian anyway, so you're better off without ;)

I can't really see any problem with what Clinton said... maybe I am missing something. Ok, I almost certainly am

Basement dweller usually is a negative connotation :P 

I don't see what the problem is :P 

I don't see what the problem is :P

Besides the breath taking hypocrisy? Nothing much ...

Basement dweller usually is a negative connotation

But that is not what she said - nor the spirit in which she said it. Her comments were about how that demographic feel let down, that they went to school, got their grades, but all they can get are shitty jobs which won't even let them earn enough to move out of home. If anything she was expressing sympathy (personally I think it was simply describing their state to explain their politics)

Anyone watch the VP debate?  

I was but Tim Kaine kept interrupting me.

I was but Tim Kaine kept interrupting me.

Lol

Oh man, that locker room banter though

Trump needs to learn how to delete things like Hilary Clinton

Trump needs to learn how to delete things like Hilary Clinton

haha

This couldn't have happened at a better time for Hillary Clinton, nobody is talking about the stuff wikileaks released.