Forums upgraded! Read more... ×
cn-nadc.net | North Atlantic Defense Coalition
Sign in to follow this  
Member Berry

Debate 2016

Oh man, that locker room banter though

Trump needs to learn how to delete things like Hilary Clinton
haha

This couldn't have happened at a better time for Hillary Clinton, nobody is talking about the stuff wikileaks released.

I agree the timing is perfect for the Clinton campang. The second debate I'm hoping they bring up wikileaks and a lot of issues

I was reminded first by the result of the Brexit vote and then by Colombia's voters' rejection of the FARC peace plan of a friend's search for a word to describe a situation in which the choice is a no-brainer for an overwhelming majority of those outside the country but a deeply emotive decision for those within. She still hasn't found that word. Suggestions?

Honestly, I can't think of the word. I'm sure there's an idiom that encapsulates that, though.

This has been one crazy election cycle. We are left with a sociopath with absolutely no knowledge of how to run this country (except into the ground) and a sociopath who knows how to run this country but will she. The Republicans have a lot of soul searching and reorganization to become anything but a laughable portion of what they were once. This is definitely a time to find and create a credible 3rd and even 4th party. This country as a democracy should not be duped into a 2 party system ever again.

I'm setting aside 30 minutes of my work day to watch the first 30 minutes of the second debate because reasons.

Goodness gracious me ... it's like watching a car crash ...

Family came over today, they stayed for the debate, never again will I make that mistake.  So much salt. 

Yeah, rookie mistake. Never discuss politics with relatives. How else can you live in peace?

Unless your family agrees normally with your politics

That third debate though! lol 

Lots of good zingers either way, unfortunately President Clinton err... Secretary Clinton won already barring a major catastrophe. 

I actually think Trump did very well in the debate up to the point where he refused to say that he would support the outcome of the election. No matter who you vote for, the fundamental underpinnings of a Democracy is peaceful transition of power, and Trump seems to be ready and willing to support a transition that is not peaceful in the case that he loses. 

My thought is, if Al Gore can concede, Donald Trump has no basis to claim the election outcome was not fair. 

I actually think Trump did very well in the debate up to the point where he refused to say that he would support the outcome of the election. No matter who you vote for, the fundamental underpinnings of a Democracy is peaceful transition of power, and Trump seems to be ready and willing to support a transition that is not peaceful in the case that he loses. 

My thought is, if Al Gore can concede, Donald Trump has no basis to claim the election outcome was not fair. 

I agree, I thought he was going to have a decent debate, but whenever Trump starts to do well, Trump always brings himself down.  

Yeah, he pretty much gifted the debate to Clinton with that.

The majority of debate viewers already are solid for one candidate or another though, so it is hard to tell what will happen in regards to this. The media took it and ran, but does every American know the ramifications of such a statement? Who knows :P

Oh Trump.....you always make yourself look an ass.

He did better than he had done previously but not enough to win him any more support. I'm not sure how much damage his refusal to confirm whether he would accept the results of the election did, as he was already pretty much critical going into the debate.

Some polls show double digit leads for Clinton.   Not surprising at all

Some of the most accurate polls in recent history have trump up nationally.

With that said, I don't know how you can discredit the vast number of polls saying otherwise. Plus the popular vote doesn't matter if Hillary wins the right states. 

Plus the popular vote doesn't matter if Hillary wins the right states.

Democracy in action

Plus the popular vote doesn't matter if Hillary wins the right states.

Democracy in action

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you, but its a matter of fact. I don't think anybody looks back upon George Bush as an illegitimate  President, but he did lose the popular vote in 2000. It is simply a function of our Republic. 

[url=http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/10/al_gore_can_teach_trump_how_to_not_accept_election_results.html]But Gore didn't concede until much later, after the recounts and judicial rulings.[/url] If he get's trounced (which I think he will as far as the electoral count) he would then look ridiculous to argue it. But if it's close like 2000 (which it won't be), I see no problem admitting he may not accept the outcome.

I agree, I thought he was going to have a decent debate, but whenever Trump starts to do well, Trump always brings himself down.  

Your exactly right. Trump is his own worst enemy. 

Trump is a pompous ass who will get trounced in the electoral college. I think the popular vote will be closer, but he'll lose that too. As someone who leans more right than left, I believe Clinton winning will only give the Republicans a better chance to keep the senate and house. Even if the dems tie or possibly even win the senate in this election, the Republicans will have a majority in both chambers from the mid-terms on. I honestly believe if Trump were to win, the dems would get control of the senate in the mid-terms and possibly the house. History has shown is that the party in the Oval Office most often loses seats in the mid-terms.

I disagree with Clinton even more than I do Trump, although I think they are both asses. But back to Congress. If you look back in the past quarter century, when the Republicans controlled congress, the economy was better. Clinton's best years were easily his last 6 when the Republican hurricane swept them to power in both chambers. Bush's worst years were by far at the end (2 years), when the Dems too control of both chambers.Obama's worst years were by far when he had a Democrat controlled congress. Almost every economic statistic backs this up.

I think Rubio would have beat Clinton, but the ridiculous Trump phenomenon took over and now we'll have our first female President...which isn't a bad thing, but the fact that it is her...is.

I think Rubio would have beat Clinton, but the ridiculous Trump phenomenon took over and now we'll have our first female President...which isn't a bad thing, but the fact that it is her...is.

"Insert Candidate" would have beat Clinton!  I would prob put Kasich in there myself :p 

Its a bit of a shame, one of the weakest democratic nominees possible, and the Republicans nominate someone worse.  Boy, I would have loved to see Rubio or Kasich as the nominee, if Trump was able to stay somewhat competitive until recent events, they would of prob won in a landslide :p 

It is a shame, but the American people got what they asked for. 

FBI- MVP for Republicans

FBI- MVP for Republicans

"Republicans"