Forums upgraded! Read more... ×
cn-nadc.net | North Atlantic Defense Coalition
Sign in to follow this  
Broseph Stalin

The 2nd Presidential Debate

Did anyone else watch the debate last night? what did you think?

I personally believe that Trump won last night, he was a lot calmer and collected in this debate compared to the first one. He also went on the attack, which I love to see him finally do :D

I could not disagree with you more. I thought he was erratic and un-presidential. While this doesn't mean that Hillary was Presidential, she was just a better grade of lousy when compared to Trump. Trump ranted and raved across the stage about everything, spitting baseless claims and brining in things at random points. The man is like a gold fish, and losses his train of thought then instead of gathering himself just spouts out more nonsense that was in no way related to the original nonsense he was spewing. 

Overall I was disgusted that the moderators tolerated and promoted this kind of debate. This was a town hall debate with people supposed to be asking the questions. All around I thought it was awful. Our Presidential candidates are awful, the news media is awful, and social media is awful. 

I remember looking at the 2012 debates between Obama and Romney and thinking that politics had hit its lowest point, then last night all I heard was about grabbing female genitals and erasing emails. This isn't politics anymore, its entertainment. 

I could not disagree with you more. I thought he was erratic and un-presidential. While this doesn't mean that Hillary was Presidential, she was just a better grade of lousy when compared to Trump. Trump ranted and raved across the stage about everything, spitting baseless claims and brining in things at random points. The man is like a gold fish, and losses his train of thought then instead of gathering himself just spouts out more nonsense that was in no way related to the original nonsense he was spewing. 

Overall I was disgusted that the moderators tolerated and promoted this kind of debate. This was a town hall debate with people supposed to be asking the questions. All around I thought it was awful. Our Presidential candidates are awful, the news media is awful, and social media is awful. 

I remember looking at the 2012 debates between Obama and Romney and thinking that politics had hit its lowest point, then last night all I heard was about grabbing female genitals and erasing emails. This isn't politics anymore, its entertainment. 

I have to disagree, Dumb Donald had such low expectations going into the night that he beat them and as a result he won.  Lyin Hillary didn't have to do anything last night, this election has already been decided though.  

In terms of the content of the debate, yea its pathetic and sad, but its not unexpected. 

Paul Ryan gave the most telling assessment of how the debate went last night.

Everything is awful.

This reminds me of the "Everything is awesome" song from the Lego Movie 

The man is like a gold fish, and losses his train of thought then instead of gathering himself just spouts out more nonsense that was in no way related to the original nonsense he was spewing. 

I have to agree with you there, he never stays on topic and doesn't answer the questions. Though I didn't support Trump from the start, I rather him over Hillary. Gary over both of them, but I feel like he dug himself a hole with the whole Aleppo situation, and being unable to name a foreign leader.

The man is like a gold fish, and losses his train of thought then instead of gathering himself just spouts out more nonsense that was in no way related to the original nonsense he was spewing. 

I have to agree with you there, he never stays on topic and doesn't answer the questions. Though I didn't support Trump from the start, I rather him over Hillary. Gary over both of them, but I feel like he dug himself a hole with the whole Aleppo situation, and being unable to name a foreign leader.

I'm not going to defend him on that one, but I will say that he owned up and accepted the fact that he didn't know. That is what advisors are for imo. He has a vision of foreign policy and he will surround himself with knowledgeable people who can help him fulfill that vision. I feel as if Trump doesn't have a vision beyond "Make America Great Again."

While chief executives will necessarily rely upon the advice of advisors in complex matters, it is nonetheless an appalling show of ignorance for a person who vies for the presidency of the nation with the strongest military in the world not to know something as current and important as Aleppo. Leaders have to have a minimum level of knowledge. While I would not go so far as to say that Gary Johnson's lack of knowledge of one thing would be enough to disqualify him completely in my books (although, it may be that it isn't just a one off occurrence of ignorance), it definitely doesn't instil any confidence in his capacity to execute the role if he doesn't know something like that.

Regarding whether who won or lost, it mystifies me that anyone could interpret Trump exceeding (very low) expectations as a win. Surely the question is whether the performance of the debate made it more likely for one person to win more votes than the other come November. Trump certainly didn't improve his chances, if he didn't damage them any further. To that extent, it could be a draw but I would more likely say it was a narrow Clinton victory.

Regarding whether who won or lost, it mystifies me that anyone could interpret Trump exceeding (very low) expectations as a win. Surely the question is whether the performance of the debate made it more likely for one person to win more votes than the other come November. Trump certainly didn't improve his chances, if he didn't damage them any further. To that extent, it could be a draw but I would more likely say it was a narrow Clinton victory.

Looking at it from his perspective, he needed to stop the panic and the outflow of support he was experiencing after the video.  I believe that his debate performance managed to accomplish that somewhat, Hillary on the other hand could of easily knocked him out of the race and she failed to do that.  Trump won that debate by accomplishing what he needed to do.