TankKiller

Trump Donald

Fun, I like doing that to the future president of the US  :P 

Fun, I like doing that to the future president of the US   :P

LOL your so confident it's like i wanna kill you

Fun, I like doing that to the future president of the US   :P

LOL your so confident it's like i wanna kill you

Its more of a I'm scared and about to crap my pants type of confident

Honestly as a Canadian I think I would rather Trump then the criminal Clinton for you guys at least your government will stone wall trump and nothing will get done. Hillary on the other hand cannot be trusted and she also knows all the back door deals and how to get her agenda done which I do not trust at all.

I called it!

My wife and I live in Portugal. She's from Cincinnati and our friends here are asking her why people voted for Donald Trump. They understand that Hillary Clinton was a mediocre candidate but point out that mediocre candidates are pretty much par for the course in US presidential elections. She is at a loss to explain to them how a voter could believe that Trump could be the best option for the US and its people.

I imagine our friends are just a few of millions of people who are asking the same question today. Why did people vote for him?

My wife and I live in Portugal. She's from Cincinnati and our friends here are asking her why people voted for Donald Trump. They understand that Hillary Clinton was a mediocre candidate but point out that mediocre candidates are pretty much par for the course in US presidential elections. She is at a loss to explain to them how a voter could believe that Trump could be the best option for the US and its people.

I imagine our friends are just a few of millions of people who are asking the same question today. Why did people vote for him?

Hillary Clinton was a mediocre candidate, she focused on why Trump shouldn't be elected and didn't convince people why she should be elected.  Most people are dissatisfied with the way the federal government has been working ( each to a different degree).  People want government to actually work for them and sent an outsider to stick it to the current political system. 

I strongly disagree with Trump on a number of issues, but I am hopeful that an outsider can bring some much needed change to Washington. 

I see a lot of 'at least he will do something' remarks from my American friends.

Yes, he probably will. But change & action are not always positive. It seems a rather short-sighted view IMO.

Still, we shall have to see what he actually does...

I see a lot of 'at least he will do something' remarks from my American friends.
Yes, he probably will. But change & action are not always positive. It seems a rather short-sighted view IMO.
Still, we shall have to see what he actually does...

You are right, change is not always positive, but I think it's better to stay positive and not act like the world is gonna end, cause it's not. Like Clinton said, Trump has earned a chance to lead, let him lead. Perhaps something good will come out of this, perhaps something bad will come out of it, nobody knows and this sentence also could apply to any other outcome.