Forums upgraded! Read more... ×
cn-nadc.net | North Atlantic Defense Coalition
Sign in to follow this  
Michael Martin

American Healthcare

What newspaper does she read? What Supreme Court decision can she name besides Roe V. Wade? It took her 6 years and 4 colleges to get a B.A. in communications. She was mayor of a town that doesn't control a school, fire department or police station; not to metion the population isn't even 1/4 the size of a average football game. She didn't even complete a full term as governor of the smallest state in the union.

My bad there, I meant to say nothing patriotic. However you've obviously sidestepped my point whereby she's stupid and inexperienced. What say you on that? Compared to VP Biden, she's like a primary school girl, o wait, a KINDERGARTEN school girl!

By the way, did you know that President Nixon offered Senator Ted Kennedy the chance of passing a Universal Health Care Law back in the 70's?

And by the way, everyone keeps saying the Republicans need "to moderate or risk becoming the minority party forever"...we ran the ultimate moderate in John McCain and lost 2 to 1 (it would have been worse, like 3 to 1 if not for a strong conservative like Sarah Palin), so I don't want to hear anymore of this liberal bullshit that says "Republicans have to moderate." Of course they want us to moderate, they beat a moderate Republican most of the time...now true conservatives will always win over a liberal (look at Nixon in the '70s, Reagan in the '80s, and God-willing Palin in 2012!)

I really don't think this thread needs any cussing, please. Keep it nice, guys.

What newspaper does she read? What Supreme Court decision can she name besides Roe V. Wade? It took her 6 years and 4 colleges to get a B.A. in communications. She was mayor of a town that doesn't control a school, fire department or police station; not to metion the population isn't even 1/4 the size of a average football game. She didn't even complete a full term as governor of the smallest state in the union.

Alaska is not the smallest state. :P

My bad there, I meant to say nothing patriotic. However you've obviously sidestepped my point whereby she's stupid and inexperienced. What say you on that? Compared to VP Biden, she's like a primary school girl, o wait, a KINDERGARTEN school girl!

You know, shouting insults like that makes you look rather silly. :P

Well, its not an insult. Its a fact. Can you possibly deny that statement?

Ok legend now you're making mad...Biden thinks that FDR was president in 1929 and that he got on the television to explain things...and you say he's smarter than Sarah?! He doesn't support clean coal technology, but his boss does...I mean the president and vice-president can't even agree on that! He wants a disabled person in a wheelchair to stand...I mean wtf?! He says paying taxes is your patriotic duty, yet everyone in the White House right now are a bunch of tax cheats; not the least of which is tax-cheat Geithner!

In short, Biden has about as many brains in his whole body as I've got in my little finger!

Watch this

and tell me this nitwit is so smart...smart my ass!

And legend if you think Alaska is the smallest state in the union you have some serious issues...were you the only kid who failed elementary school geography?? The smallest state in the union is...well if you can't figure that out by yourself you need help; I think Sarah Palin can tell you the right answer, or if she's busy you can ask Rush Limbaugh (282-2882 is the number to call in to his program)!

By smallest state in the union, I was talking population-wise; but I did make a fool of myself. Alsaka has the 4th smallest population in the U.S.

I can, and will. Palin, while technically she does have less experience than Biden, is quite obviously a much better candidate than Biden. The liberals fear her, as AK has said. Proof? Watch your TV. You hear almost nothing about Palin. Likewise, you hear literally nothing about Biden. The media is scared that 1) people will find out about Palin, and 2) That people will find out about Biden. I can't find any statistics, but I'd guess that 80% of the nation doesn't know the name of our vice president, because he is a joke, and an embarrassment.

By smallest state in the union, I was talking population-wise; but I did make a fool of myself. Alsaka has the 4th smallest population in the U.S.

It was close, you were just making your point. :P

I can, and will. Palin, while technically she does have less experience than Biden, is quite obviously a much better candidate than Biden. The liberals fear her, as AK has said. Proof? Watch your TV. You hear almost nothing about Palin. Likewise, you hear literally nothing about Biden. The media is scared that 1) people will find out about Palin, and 2) That people will find out about Biden. I can't find any statistics, but I'd guess that 80% of the nation doesn't know the name of our vice president, because he is a joke, and an embarrassment.

The only reason you know about Palin is because she is a joke and an embarrassment. She got slaughtered in the debate against Biden. She couldn't even get past softball questions that Katie Kurk asked her (What newspapers do you read? Um.... Let me get back to you on that one). The state legislator's office I worked at for all of last school year had more constituents than the whole state of Alaska has, and she didn't even finish a full term. Not to mention she's under a number of ethical investigations. You shouldn't hear about a vice president, it really wasn't a strong position of power (that is until Cheney came in to office). Palin won't even make it past the primary, Romney, Giuliani and Hucklebee are going to run laps around her.

Don't get me wrong I agree 100% that she is 100 times more patriotic than Mr 'Apology Tour' Obama...

I agree too. You shouldn't apologize to the people you go kill.

I think the health care we have is somewhat above the average. I think the health care you have is worse.

Excuse me, Admiral Kirk. Look who the poster is before accusing me of failing my Geography exam. It's the Shah who said Alaska is the smallest state and he's technically right population wise.

Moreover, in many instances, Presidents and V.Presidents often disagree. For example, Dick Cheney wanted Bush to get Scooter outta punishment, and he was begging Bush to do it right till the last day of his Presidency. Thankfully, Bush refused to let him go.

Anyway, Biden has his fair share of gaffes but Palin's even worse!

She thinks there's a "Department of Law" and Afghanistan is a "neighbouring" country to the US. So who failed elementary geography now? Her or me? Any fool would know that Afghanistan is nowhere near the United States.

She also believes that a mayor can do whatever she/he wants until the court says no. She doesn't even know what the VP does everyday? If she cannot even name the responsibilities of the position she was after, then what use is she as a VP? So, she didn't even fail elementary geography, she also failed Politics 101.

She thinks that there are only 22 alphabets, the capital of China is Chinatown and soy milk is "I am milk" in Spanish.

Admiral, need I say more?

Okay guys. Lets keep the topic on the current American political situation with health care, not the republicans revitalizing their party, Rush Limbaugh, or Sarah Palin unless its about health care, okay?

I personally don't have much drive in this particular area, so there isn't much more for me to say on the subject besides what I have already said about how the government shouldn't be able to interfere with the thought "health care is a right".

Anyways, back to the debate, keep up the good work guys!

There's a great article in the New York Times today about how politics has changed since Nixon tried to pass health care reform in the 70's.

But the Nixon era was a time in which leading figures in both parties were capable of speaking rationally about policy, and in which policy decisions weren’t as warped by corporate cash as they are now. America is a better country in many ways than it was 35 years ago, but our political system’s ability to deal with real problems has been degraded to such an extent that I sometimes wonder whether the country is still governable.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/31/opinion/31krugman.html?_r=1&hp

If you look at the life expectancies in the world (One link but you can check several others which verify this) the USA has the 47th (according to the link shown) best life expectancy in the world. This is well below countries like Japan, Canada, Spain and the UK which have national health systems and I'm pretty sure that the majority of the countries ahead of America have a service like this aswell.

As to the question of where this 'right' to healthcare came from. Read through the Universal Declaration of Human Rights or just read the quote that I've extracted from the document for you're viewing pleasure:

Article 25.

(1) Everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the health and well-being of himself and of his family, including food, clothing, housing and medical care and necessary social services, and the right to security in the event of unemployment, sickness, disability, widowhood, old age or other lack of livelihood in circumstances beyond his control.