Forums upgraded! Read more... ×
cn-nadc.net | North Atlantic Defense Coalition
Sign in to follow this  
United Martini

Barack Obama

What do people living domestically in the United States, as well as our foreign friends, think of the president?

Will he win a second term in November of 2012?

I'll start off by saying how unbelievable I find it that a man with such intelligence and poise can be surrounded by the most clueless, incompetent people on his staff and within his inner circle. His advisors and press secretary prove time and time again that they are oblivious of what goes on outside of the Beltway. Not that I subscribe to the "Tea Party" platform, but I feel a lot of these pressing issues the movement represents are overshadowed by misconception and prejudices on the left and a very poor, almost fundamentalist, presentation within the movement itself. As a U.S. citizen, I don't believe he'll have my vote come election-time; of course that's a different story if Rep. Michelle Bachman gets the Republican nomination :P

What politicians in the United States lack is heart. ALL politicians think from thier brains, not their hearts, Obama was the first one in a long time to actually think with his heart, that is why I supported his election in the first place. Aftyer what I have seen, I have learned he is just not a pure politician, he is a good man, just not what the united states needs at this point. We need somebody willing to take risks, overstep thier constitutional power and make something happen. We also need to stop the war between Democrats and Republicans, they stop all progress in any way. With all this being said, Obama will not be re-elected and the United States will go into a worse state of bickering back in forth politically. Until im old enough to run for president :J

If unemployment stays as high as it is come election time, he is probably going to lose the election. This is assuming the Republicans nominate a candidate that appeals to independent voters and not someone too far on the right.

he was elected because of his ethnicity and background and not for any of his polcies. now that he has made history and broken through the barriers he will probably not be around much longer. the honeymoon is wearing off and his lack of political substance is beginning to show.

He made history before he had even done anything. he was doomed from the beginning to never live up to expectations and will always be remembered for who he was and not what he did.

i don't really have a problem with that though, america was willing to take a chance, and break a barrier that had never been broken before, it just opens the door for others to do greater things.

it was a barrier that needed to be broken. if we could break a similar barrier here it would be good. we now have female leading the country for the first time ( a Queen and our first female Prime Minister) but an Indigenous leader (black fella) is still an impossible dream. Last election we got our first indigenous member of government. it has taken this long to just get a guy on a seat in the back of the room!

The sad thing for Obama is that he is the sacrificial lamb that was used to break the barrier. The second black president will not be able to escape obama's shadow and comparisons, and it will be the third black president that will be an all-time great leader because he will be free of the shadows of history.

Obama wasn't elected because he was black, that's over simplifying things a bit. He was elected because his intentions and goals appeared to be a godsend compared to 8 years of Bush.

Naturally there was a lot of excitement about the possibility of having the first black president, but it was no where near the defining reason for his victory.

Obama wasn't elected because he was black, that's over simplifying things a bit. He was elected because his intentions and goals appeared to be a godsend compared to 8 years of Bush.

I agree that it is over simplifying somewhat. But on the other hand, when my local TV station went out to interview people, some said they were voting for Obama primarily because he was black. So that definitely was a factor, but not one that held a lot of sway (I hope).

I see Obama as someone I merely disagree with. We're pretty opposite on most issues, but I can disagree with his policies but at the same time still respect the man. I wish more people felt that way, however. :(

I see Obama as someone I merely disagree with. We're pretty opposite on most issues, but I can disagree with his policies but at the same time still respect the man. I wish more people felt that way, however. :(

I could not agree more. I see the president as an inspiration, perhaps one of the greatest stories of the "American dream" that I have ever heard. Though I disagree with him on a lot of political points, that doesn't change the fact that the man is extrodinary. But the racism directed towards him is unbearable - it's almost gotten me to hate a large portion of American culture. The comparisions to Adolph Hitler is terrible taste.

I agree, he was elected by us, the american people, because most of the population wanted him in office. Even the people who did not want to have him in office need to support him now, because he is their president, and bickering between parties does not help the united states accomplish anything now. You go around now and here all the people who VOTED for him say all of this hate comments and such. The world has changed :/

I hate how when we have a Democratic president the country becomes more conservative, but when we have a Republican president the country becomes more liberal. It seems to me that it should be the opposite.

Thats the thing, no president can get anything done because everytime a Democrat does something, all republicans vow to do filabusters and stuff to not allow the Democrats to do what they have on the agenda, and vise-versa. Its a miracle that Obama or Busch did anything in his terms because all you hear now is how Democrats will not vote for any bill propsed by a Republic, or vise-versa again.