Forums upgraded! Read more... ×
cn-nadc.net | North Atlantic Defense Coalition
Sign in to follow this  
Dark Wizard

Future

What is in the future of the United States? I give them 300 more years before something goes wrong and they fall.

Thoughts?

If the US falls then the rest of the world has a long road back to normalcy and that's if they actually reach normalcy.

every great empire (or country) falls. Other greats have fallen, the world has bounced back. They will again.

600 years would be a pretty good run. Most nations prior to the modern age would be hard-pressed to last even half that.

I'm giving the US 50 years given its current economic state and its rival, China's rising power

I would like to see how the technology advances first. If the US can manage part of their domestic issues and in the same time hasten research, I could give them much more time than 300 years. I wouldn't count on China to be USA's rival but Russia. Also, considering that about 100 years from now they might start exporting oil (even at high prices), they might fall victims to the "resource curse" (exporting of materials will provide enough profits to make any other production less valuable until eventually it ceases to exist). Other than that, any economic problems will be easy to fix. Today's economy isn't representing true production and thus, a devaluation/downsize would only cause temporary problems (panic, banks' collapse etc) without harming industries (assuming that the state will intervene).

I would like to see how the technology advances first. If the US can manage part of their domestic issues and in the same time hasten research, I could give them much more time than 300 years. I wouldn't count on China to be USA's rival but Russia. Also, considering that about 100 years from now they might start exporting oil (even at high prices), they might fall victims to the "resource curse" (exporting of materials will provide enough profits to make any other production less valuable until eventually it ceases to exist). Other than that, any economic problems will be easy to fix. Today's economy isn't representing true production and thus, a devaluation/downsize would only cause temporary problems (panic, banks' collapse etc) without harming industries (assuming that the state will intervene).

This is the best said IMO!

The US still will remain the center of the world economy even of China surpasses our GDP. The US has invented practically everything over the past 150 years. One thing about the US is that the tougher it gets, the stronger we become.