Forums upgraded! Read more... ×
cn-nadc.net | North Atlantic Defense Coalition
EJ Smith

Holy $%&#

why? are you going to protest ej?

Think they are wrong then?

It was ok and a constitutional guarenteed right when it was a peaceful protest against corruption.

but when it stopped being peaceful and got hijacked by Anarchists and commie pinkos it stopped being

ok, became illegal, and immoral, thus I can't be supportive of it.

Say it gains the momentum the Tahrer square protests did in libya, what do you think the outcome will be?

I don't agree with how it went down, but i do the idea

Kajdav found this somewhere and posted it on facebook. Its interesting to say the least.

Posted Image

kinda makes sense.

Although it would be good if the jobs actually existed. Youth unemployment in the UK and US is 20% and in spain it is 40%.

They are beginning to get pissed off.

the problem isn't the rich, it's our governments imposing such high taxes and tarifs small businesses can barely get by.

the big corporations get off light.

small businesses and mid sized chains are the majority of the jobs in the western world.

remember a lot of them protesters busted ass working their way through college only to emerge and find the jobs they sought simply aren't there.

The protests are aimed at piss poor economic policies, not the rich social class.

Im alright with protests but as long they are peaceful, rioting isnt good for anybody. Doesnt end well when 40 of the 70 injured are cops.

EDIT: Woah ... double post sorry.

I have been working with my local occupants in Grand Rapids. I support this movement wholeheartedly!

Kajdav found this somewhere and posted it on facebook. Its interesting to say the least.

Posted Image

The problem is that this assumes that everyone has the same opportunities open to them and that everyone lives the same lives.

yeah the above smacks of middle class to the core. Problem is that that poor guy looks locked into his system with a mediocre life ahead of him. No breaks, no headstart just pure capitalistic fury trying to get ahead. Which won't do others he steps on any good. And I thought the US was a classless society :eyeno:

lol I sound like one of Ejs pinkos. Which is probably better than red

The thing about the protests is that the police are legally allowed to force removal of masks so they can be photographed and databased. Amazing really. I'm just waiting to see the evolution of dazzle facepaints...

Perhaps a nice tiger, zebra or a butterfly... gap in the facepaint market there.That guy could probably make a killing and start to pay for the grand a month university & room fees

Posted Image

Pfft...what a nerd this guy must be :P

I feel so sorry for these kinds of people who feel they have to work like a dog just to live below their means - they are such martyrs, aren't they? Good God it gives me such contempt for humanity. To be so uninspired with life, to throw all of those grand experiences of college away, and for what? So you might one day live in the splendor of the lower-middle-class with an above ground pool and a nagging wife, ugly children, and surround yourself with people just as uninteresting as you are...so you can accelerate your aging process, work yourself into the grave or possibly have 2-3 years of retirement in a Florida timeshare before you die of supreme boredom! Your eyes become dull, your hands shake, you pick up a listless hobby to keep yourself occupied, secretly wishing to return to your meaningless career. And the worst part is they try to make the rest of us feel guilty just because we are easygoing and choose to enjoy life :D

All one needs to do is stop and smell the proverbial "roses" once in a while - you'll find that the world is still the same no matter how much hours you put in at the sausage factory. Notice how the intellectually superior are usually the ones who have time to think and feel as people.

I chose my school for the college which would give me the optimum excitement, price had nothing to do with it! Geez pal...get a life! Stop sucking the blood out of those of us who choose to live as free and artistic souls with a lust for life :o

amen to that Martini. Change the world mentality needed asap.

It would be a start if the quants were given minimum 5-10 seconds per transaction. I'm fed up of stock market fluctuations based on a bloody algorithm.

ahem

Anyway what the fu&k would I know?> I'm 40 :biggrin:

Martini give me a list of "listless hobbies".. I need to check em off

Just watched the footage of deputy inspector Johnny Cardona doing the 1990s "punch the protester grab the protester".

See.. this would probably would have worked fifteen years ago. But these days everyone is filming with a camera phone.... I can imagine the locker room convos "damn.. we just can't get away with casual violence any more". What was he thinking?

Sometimes I don't know if you're serious or just mocking me, AndrewHG, lol.

I would say a "listless hobby" would be something you are not very spirited about which you force yourself to do just to keep your hands busy. Old(er) people seem to do them. Like my aunt knits not because she enjoys it but because she hates idlers. I don't have any :P

See, I find the whole "Occupy " movement quite aimless. "Fighting back against the corrosive power of major banks and multinational corporations over the democratic process, " and claiming to represent the 99% of the people? Utter tosh. Its not like this "corrosive power" is not driving the American economy. Is there anything wrong in being rich? Is there anything wrong with being an investor banker? Yeah sure, it may be immoral to give yourself big fat bonuses, but face it, humans are greedy. If the tables were turned and you were in their shoes, you would do the exact same thing! Its a rich man's world, stop whining, and maybe work harder and you'll become part of the "Top 1%"!

I went to one of these "Occupy" demonstrations and was going to tell them that you can't put tents up in the park but the moment I walked near them, I noticed an over powering odour of marijuana and saw them passing around a joint. It is no surprise that half of the demonstrators, are coincidentally unemployed. I get it, times are hard, yeah, but is it all Wall Street's fault? The banks were irresponsible in lending out their money and they partially brought about the financial crisis, but are we as consumers, free of fault?

The world we live in is one of instant gratification. We lived beyond our means, and now its back to bite us in the butt. The very multinational organizations these people are protesting against, form the backbone of the economy. You know what? Lets all just disband Wall Street and ban all financial activities. Yeah, our economy will crash, but meh, as long as the "democratic process" and "economic justice" are protected, who cares?

You were going to tell them they couldn't pitch tents in a public park. What are you the park police? (They might have offered you a jaffa cake)

Ref the step on the head of your neighbour to get ahead attitude. Tis bad karma :contract: Someone will step on you soon or perhaps your parents or friends. Inflation will eat their savings, they or their employers won't be able to business loans and so on.

This drama is only beginning to affect a very large part of society and aint going to go away for years. You certainly consume your way out of it and those NZ stoners won't either.

Hear ye Hear ye. Tis rightious not to step or be stepped upon by thy neighbour. :@)

Legend, you should have asked them for a piece of their homemade banana bread Posted Image

I agree with AndrewHG. It's quite rude to go and stomp on everyone's good time.

Legend never be intimidated by dope smokers. Just tell em there is a bloke round the corner giving out free ice cream (one per customer). When they dash off salivating take the "illegally" pitched tents down... and give em to the nearest uniform. They'll come back, you'll be gone, they'll be confused....wander around giggling until it gets cold. Then they will go home.