Forums upgraded! Read more... ×
cn-nadc.net | North Atlantic Defense Coalition
TankKiller

Tell us about yourself

Hi guise,

These forums are missing a real introductions thread, so here's one.

Feel free to use this little questionnaire, but you don't have to :P

Work/Career/School/College:
Hobbies/Interests:
Cake or cookie?:
Picture? (Doesn't have to be of you, yaknow):

Music taste:
Film/book tastes:
Rain or sun?:
Summer or winter?:
More about you:

Work/Career/School/College: Michigan State University (GO GREEN)
Hobbies/Interests: Model United Nations
Cake or cookie?: Most definitely cookie. Though Rum is a close second.
Picture?: Got a Polaroid?

Music taste: Movie Soundtracks, though my Pandora station has started playing trance techno recently.
Film/book tastes: Military fiction (books), anything produced by the Scott brothers (movies)
Rain or sun?: Rain, especially thunderstorms
Summer or winter?: Winter (Why else why would I live in Michigan?)
More about you: I wear a size ten shoe.

Work/Career/School/College: Purdue University (^^^^STATE SUCKSSSSS BOILER UP!!!!!!_
Hobbies/Interests: Pretty much CN and the UBD. Also, I enjoy reading (Hemingway, Hawthorne.... other sh&t that makes me look intelligent), watching good flicks, and drinking.
Cake or cookie?: Cookie, no question.
Picture?: I don't want to!

Music taste: Rock/Metal/Hard Rock usually. But I have a soft spot for pretty much every genre
Film/book tastes: Noir, Drama, Comedy, War are the best. Book wise I like stuff that has to deal with the Marine Corps and War, as well as older stuff.
Rain or sun?: Sun.
Summer or winter?: Summer
More about you: MoD for the UBD, here on the exchange program. ..... UM..... I'm a Senior here at the 'due, looking forward to graduating. Also, I want to go into the United States Marine Corps after school, as an officer.

Work/Career/School/College: Junior in high-school (11th grade, year 12 if you Europeans count kindergarten.)
Hobbies/Interests: Music, football, computers, Finding stuff to do with my friends like TPing houses, seran wrapping cars, painting school rocks.... n' stuff.
Cake or cookie?: Cookies n' rum, my friends.
Picture?: Yes.

Music taste: Eh... I'll just paste what I put in my house thread. :P 'I like most music, but I tend to listen more to older music. Some of my favorite artists are Elton John, Billy Joel, The Beatles, Journey, Styx, Queen, The Police, Simon & Garfunkel, John Williams, Tchaikovsky, Sousa, LeRoy Anderson, and others.'
Film/book tastes: Mostly Sci-Fi; Anything by Orson Scott Card. As for movies, I like just about every kind.
Rain or sun?: Rain for sure. I have to agree with Spaero; Thunderstorms are the bomb-diggity.
Summer or winter?: I don't really mind which. I'm always happy when summer comes, and I'm always happy when winter comes.
More about you: I r kul, n' stuff.

Real Name: Robert, but most call me Bob (but please call me EoB here)
work/career/college.... : Disabled Pensioner.Most of you know of my laundry list of problems so i wont list them here. But trying to get well enough to maybe go to uni in a year or 2.
Hobbies/Interests: i paint models and watch sport. I used to play Rubgy, Cricket and Basketball when i was younger.
Cake or Cookie: Long Live The Cookie!!!
Picture: will probably break your monitor

Music Taste: You know the Answer lol (Marion Raven, thats about it)
Film/book taste: books i would have to go with the Ciaphas Cane series of Warhammer books, they make me laugh whenever i read them. film i would have to go with any epic. A story to remember. i hate chick flicks, romantic comedies and adam sandler movies. He has the same guys in every movie and none of them can act. My favourite movies currently are the Transporter movies with Jason Stratham. My favourite of all time is Glory with Morgan Freeman and Denzel Washington.
Rain or Sun: Rain. its sunny nearly all the time here. So a rainy day is a real treat. it sometimes can be months between rainy days, so i enjoy them whenever i can.
summer or winter: winter. because our winter is like a northern hemisphere summer, and our summer is like a pizza oven.
More about you: i wear a US size 13 shoe and am built like a NFL lineman.But im a gentle giant lol.

Work/Career/School/College: teacher for special needs students k-5
Hobbies/Interests: surfing the interweb, shopping, LARP, cookies, music
Cake or cookie?: Cookie, but cake can be good on occasion.
Picture?: look at my profile

Music taste: r&b, pop, alternative, rock, victorianindustrial (look it up)
Film/book tastes: comedy, sci-fi, historical
Rain or sun?: rain
Summer or winter?: winter
More about you: I could just point you to my facebook. But I'll make you go find it. Hint, I'm on the NADC facebook group.

Work/Career/School/College: Jyväskylän Lyseon Lukio
Hobbies/Interests: Hobbies; Music (I play the drums and some bass/guitar, and also compose), PC-games - mostly RPG, poetry & literature - both reading and writing and collecting all kinds of items.
Interests; Drawing, painting, photography, PnP-roleplaying and philosophy and ethics.
Cake or cookie?: Neither, I prefer non-dessertism.
Picture?:
Sorry if it's a little big. (Great respect to the one who remembers what this is about!)
Posted Image

Music taste: Rock, Metal, Pop, Rap, Jazz, Blues, J-Pop & J-Rock, Neoclassical, Industrial, Progressive, Experimental, Melodic Death Metal, Disco, Groove...and so on.
Film/book tastes: No films, just books. Usually fantasy, such as R.A. Salvatore, David Eddings, Margaret Weis or Tracy Hickman. Sometimes I read sci-fi and occasionally I enjoy a good book about philosophy or such.
Rain or sun?: Cloudy.
Summer or winter?: Neither. Summer's too hot and winter here is goddamn bloody COLD!
More about you: I like flowers. A lot.
Ask me if you want to know anything more.

PS: Hobbies cost money - interests are free. And take a lot less of your time.

Work/Career/School/College: Software Engineer
Hobbies/Interests: Beer, Rye, hockey, beer, xbox360, beer, drums, beer, and more beer
Cake or cookie?: cookie, definitely cookie.
Picture?: of beer? Oh no wait, that says pi"c"ture

Music taste: anything but country, country blows.
Film/book tastes: sci-fi, horror, maybe even something with a little nudity.
Rain or sun?: Sun, the hotter the better.
Summer or winter?: both, summer's good for golf, and winter is good for hockey.
More about you: I like long walks in the park.

Work/Career/School/College: I work as a cashier in a local grocery store
Hobbies/Interests: I go to church. Take karate. Read and write books. Draw. And play video and computer games
Cake or cookie?: Both if my grandmother is baking :P
Picture?: Uh, I don't really like the camera and really don't like putting my picture onto a message forum.

Music taste: A mix but mostly Christian.
Film/book tastes: Film and book taste run mostly to sci fi and fantasy, though in the film part I will also watch war movies.
Rain or sun?: Rain. I like listening to it but not to keen on thunder.
Summer or winter?: Neither. I like fall best. Such a pretty season.
More about you: I'm writing a fantasy novel I hope to get published one day.

Work/Career/School/College: Former Lead Singer of Queen
Hobbies/Interests: Men and singing
Cake or cookie?: Scone
Picture? (Doesn't have to be of you, yaknow): I'm an extremely private person never to show my face in concerts. Infact, I had an ingenious disguise with my mustache.

More about you: Oh, Brian May was being a dick and stuff, it's a long story and it ended up being that I faked my death from AIDS and whatever and now I'm playing cybernations.

Work/Career/School/College: I indirectly breed people; in other words, a farmer. Bachelor of Natural Resources in Agricultural and Rural Studies.
Hobbies/Interests: Lots of stuff, but usually time is a major problem.
Cake or cookie?: Do I have to choose?
Picture? (Doesn't have to be of you, yaknow): It could give you a Haart attack.

Music taste: None.
Film/book tastes: Mostly historical, but also comedy, fantasy and detective story.
Rain or sun?: Both are good, in right amounts.
Summer or winter?: I like all seasons, but hope to see more of the winter in the future. Global warming FTL.
More about you: I'm flatfooted.

Work/Career/School/College: Louisiana State University - Computer Engineering
Hobbies/Interests: Linux, robotics, reading. I've also recently taken up airbrushing for various things (nerf guns to model airplanes)
Cake or cookie?: I'm with Lai on this, non-dessertism.
Picture? (Doesn't have to be of you, yaknow): It is on the picture thread.

Music taste: Classic Rock, Some oldschool rap. However, I mostly listen to electronic-ish music.
Film/book tastes: I read a lot, but I'm mostly a sci-fi fantasy guy.
Rain or sun?: Cloudy/Rainy/Windy
Summer or winter?: Fall
More about you: lolidunno

Real name: [Currently forbidden to release as a part of his parole.]
Work/Career/School/College: Unemployed
Hobbies/Interests: Video games, watching TV, Warhammer 40k, etc.
Cake or cookie?: Caek. Of course.
Picture? (Doesn't have to be of you, yaknow): See Real Name

Music taste: Just about anything rock.
Film/book tastes: For films, I like humor and epics. For books, just epics.
Rain or sun?: Sun
Summer or winter?: Winter
More about you: ODN RULES

Work/Career/School/College: currently majoring in computer engineering at Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo
Hobbies/Interests: Magic: the Gathering, rpgs, playing the mandolin, warhammer (fantasy), reading, coding, swimming, star wars, lord of the rings, game theory, space, robots, funny stuff (Flight of the Conchords, Robot Chicken, Southpark, etc). For more, feel free to find me on facebook (I am part of the NADC group)
Cake or cookie?:
Picture:
http://www.facebook.com/profile/pic.php?uid=AAAAAQAQhonBXy57lkb_eCFJNe3YTAAAAAlQj2Yp4YDcJ9nFiMCPIGbq
but others perceive me like this:
Posted Image

Music taste: rock (mostly 80s), techno, celtic, and humurous music (e.g. Lonely Island, Flight of the Conchords, Gothic Archies) in addition to some other stuff that I can't really put into a group.
Film/book tastes: I like fantasy, sci-fi, and comedy. Story is extremely important to me (in terms of entertainment value. This also applies to video games). Same is true for my reading. Currently, some of my favorite authors Terry Pratchett, Lemony Snickett, and Douglas Adams.
Rain or sun?: Rain for sure! I love clouds (grey skys), wind, lightning etc (STORM!)
Summer or winter?: I guess winter wins because of its weather, but summer's cool because I get to go back home and hang out with my friends.
More about you:
I am currently working on creating a fictional world. This will probably take me several years because I plan on getting very detailed and I don't spend much time working on it. I also enjoy wearing my utilikilt and steampunk stuff.

Guest Francium

Gender: Male, at least I hope so - it's a little late if I'm not

Work/Career/School/College: School - WSSC - Willenhall, England

Hobbies/Interests:
I fly RC planes
I enjoy flight simulators
Graphic design
Web design
web development
And inorganic chemistry
Interests; all of the above plus rugby

Cake or cookie?: It depends what type of cake/cookie :P - and how many
Picture?:

Posted Image
(okay, it's not me but there is a discernible likeness)

Music taste: Anything classical, I'll stretch to songs by queen too.

Film/book tastes: I prefer the old English classics, Dickens is of particular interest

Rain or sun?: Rain

Summer or winter?: Winter - the atmosphere is fun

More about you:

Not really much more to tell in all honesty

Work/Career/School/College: I got to a school somwhere...I think
Hobbies/Interests:
Politics
Christianity
History
Math
CN
Genealogy

Cake or cookie?: Ice cream, of course!
Picture? (Doesn't have to be of you, yaknow): Um, I kinda like the NADC, so no

Music taste: Mostly Christian, though I have started to expand my Music selection to more mainstream stuff
Film/book tastes: Film: Sci-fi and anything that looks good Book: Oh, I like lots of books. Anthony Horowitz, DJ MacHale, Artemis Foul Series... Molly Moon was also pretty good... I dislike Lemony Snicket.
Rain or sun?: Rain, particularly a good, steady rain or a really big thunderstorm with a good bit of wind
Summer or winter?: Summer
More about you: I'm a soccer (futbol) player.

Work/Career/School/College: Sequential art dealer.
Hobbies/Interests: Love. Comedy. Foreigners. Nature. Knowledge.
Cake or cookie?: Cookie is yummy...
Picture? (Doesn't have to be of you, yaknow):Pics of me.

Music taste: All over the place.
Film/book tastes: See above.
Rain or sun?: Monsoon!
More about you: I am a two time recipient of the "Most humble man in the world award."(2003 & 2007) Just sayin'.

Work/Career/School/College: CNA-1
Hobbies/Interests: racing, hackysack, star wars, LOtR and Legend of Zelda related activities. D&D and shadowrun RPGs. sports of all kinds
Cake or cookie?: are not part of a healthy diet (=
Picture? (Doesn't have to be of you, yaknow): already posted in the appropriate forum *for once!*

Music taste: ska, techno, metal, pre 1995 country, classical, bluegrass, 90's alternative
Film/book tastes: sci-fi, fantasy, WWII, stuff as such
Rain or sun?: cloudy
Summer or winter?: winter
More about you: what else do you want? shoe size? my SSN? which arm is longer than the other? for srs

Work/Career/School/College: Geo IT consultant ever since I graduated as Master of (computer) Science
Hobbies/Interests: I play the trumpet in a marching band and a brass band ( dutch: 'blaaskapel') and from November 14 until December 5th in a "Pietenband". I am also a member of the dutch Startrek club from startrek.nl/forum.
In my remaining spare time I digitalize the music we play in those bands for ease of converting to different instruments, conductor scores or other reasons

Picture? (Doesn't have to be of you, yaknow): Nothing uploaded available atm

Music taste: Mostly Marching band music, movie themes, soundtracks, but also symphonic metal, Rock & Roll and (happy) hardcore
Film/book tastes: sci-fi, fantasy, WWII, stuff as such (Startrek, Harry Potter and Lotr are the three big favorites in this)
Rain or sun?: Please give me some sun, although everything without rain is good
Summer or winter?: I prefer the summer
More about you:

Let see, I think I told it all :o I work, after work I am usually busy with my music

Work/Career/School/College: Fellowship Christian School
Hobbies/Interests: CN, RTS games, RT4X games, CoD series, hanging with friends.
Cake or cookie?: None, I'm a dessert atheist.
Picture? (Doesn't have to be of you, yaknow): See avatar

Music taste: Alternative Rock, Classic Rock, Christian Rock, Metal
Film/book tastes: Pendragon Series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series, Harry Potter series
More about you: What, you want more? Stalker.

...and everyone just inputs answers into the form.

Howdy folks. I'm Daefaroth. Those who know me from way back when refer to me as Dae, or D or the artist. In reality, I'm Brian. You may call me whichever you prefer, though almost everyone talks to me through my user name. I'm a student at MTSU majoring in...whatever... I started off in Graphic Design, then moved to Business Administration when I realized that job prospects were bleak. Now I realize how much I loathe business and am going to switch to criminology/homeland security. I play games, I read, I sleep and I eat. Occasionally, I socialize. I have a Facebook for most of my interaction needs. Add me if you feel like it, just know that I scrutinize whom I let on my friends list and purge often.

Also, just for fun I do design graphics. Such as a former header for my Myspace:
Posted Image

Delayed response: Finally, someone who opts to not use the form!

Work/Career/School/College: [Classified]
Hobbies/Interests: you would most likely figure it out by reading the rest of this but I also enjoy snowboarding(not a pro),soccer(not a pro...again),airsoft(I never said I wasn't a pro in this one), camping, and hunting(not a pro at hunting.)
Cake or cookie?: the cake is a lie. Go cookies.
Picture? (Doesn't have to be of you, yaknow):Posted Image

Music taste: Techno, Trance, Rock, Hiphop, Rap, Metal(last one cause I dont listen to it much and I only like one metal band which is German called Rammstein)
Film/book tastes: War movies like Saving Private Ryan and Black Hawk Down. And other movies like the Book of Eli. Books: anything with war
More about you: Your typical under aged /b/ user.(little kids voice) OH, and when I grow up big and strong I want to be in the United States Special Forces or a Halo Jumper (first choice most preferred).

Work/Career/School/College: University
Hobbies/Interests: Umm.. writing, reading, tennis..uhh..
Cake or cookie?: Both! Cake probably more than cookies though.
Picture? (Doesn't have to be of you, yaknow):

Music taste:I'm into a lot of music. I have last.fm, search Skelypse if you're that interested.
Film/book tastes: Films - romantic comedies, musicals, some action/adventure kinda ones, and Disney/children's films of course. I like adaptations of books like Atonement (although not as good as the book obviously), Jane Austen (Pride and Prejudice, Emma, Sense and Sensibility..), and like Wuthering Heights and Jane Eyre and stuff.
Books - Oh this list could be so long. I like historical fiction, especially if it's about the world wars 'cause I'm interested in that. Generally adventure books. I'll read anything that grabs me by the title, blurb or first page.
Rain or sun?: Hmm, rain can be nice when you're walking in it sometimes and it's cool watching the rain droplets splash on the window. Sun can be nice too, long walks and such enjoying the warmth, but I don't like it if it's too sunny and hot.
Summer or winter?: Like before, summer is good 'cause you can spend so much time outside enjoying the good weather. But I don't like it being too hot. Winter is also good though because you can wrap up and sit in front of a homemade fire, and can muck about in the snow (on the rare occasions that it does).
More about you: Uhh..I don't play Cybernations. Probably wondering why I've joined if I don't play the game, I am too, but TankKiller said to join and so I did.