Forums upgraded! Read more... ×
cn-nadc.net | North Atlantic Defense Coalition

Anyone play Ingress, the Android AR game/app?

I'm Enlightened :)

Links

Edited by Shakyr

Sounds cool :P

I started playing it. It's actually quite fun. Although, I got funny stares when I started running away from an enemy portal and nobody else knew why I was suddenly running.

I started playing it. It's actually quite fun. Although, I got funny stares when I started running away from an enemy portal and nobody else knew why I was suddenly running.

Why were you running away from an enemy portal?

Also, which side did you end up choosing? :)

Err, because I was taking damage. This was in the tutorial section. I chose Enlightened. :P

I have ingress, unfortunately there are almost no nodes close to where i live. There are some in the city nearby but I dont go there often xD

Err, because I was taking damage. This was in the tutorial section. I chose Enlightened. :P

You can't avoid the damage, by running away :) And yay, another green player!

I have ingress, unfortunately there are almost no nodes close to where i live. There are some in the city nearby but I dont go there often xD

Yeah, that's the only issue with the game. High density of portals near city centres, but hardly any as you get further away. You should be able to submit new "portals" though, in your area. Parks and Statues are always a good option.

You can't avoid the damage, by running away :) And yay, another green player!

Well, I'll just go over here and put on my nubhat ...

I wanna play :(

It was really big here about 6 months ago, but I've heard almost nothing about it recently. :\ I did have it on my phone and gave it a go for a while, but all the portals are in town about 2 miles away. :\

I wanna play :(

Drop me a query on IRC with a gmail address, if you've got an Android phone :)

It was really big here about 6 months ago, but I've heard almost nothing about it recently. :\ I did have it on my phone and gave it a go for a while, but all the portals are in town about 2 miles away. :\

As I said to Paul, you can submit new portals. Parks and Statues are usually good targets. We've been having fun here at work, building up the portal numbers in the area. Much easier now that it's basically a week turnaround on new portal submissions.
I'll update the links in the OP to include the New Portal Submission guidelines, in a sec.

Ah, right. ^^ Yeah, when I was doing it, it was taking a ridiculous amount of time to get new portals approved. :)

Ah, right. ^^ Yeah, when I was doing it, it was taking a ridiculous amount of time to get new portals approved. :)

Yeah, originally you were waiting upwards of 2-3 months. Now it's closer to 1-2 weeks, which is nice :)

I completely forgot about this topic ^^

Still happily playing here, after almost 5 years ;)

Sweet. :D I stopped a while a few year ago. When I first moved to a new city I logged in and a bunch of people saw that. They started asking "Hey! Are you new to the area? Welcome!". I explained I'd just moved to the country, and people offered to meet up if I wanted some social contact. It was a very nice moment, but I never took them up on the offer...