• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

• Nation Link:[ Link ]
  • Nation Ruler:Arminius
  • Nation Name:Festung Germania

• Resource One:
  • Resource Two:

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:12 PM - 0783221

To raise an indelicate point, I don't recall the same level of angst, charges of racism, and protests when OJ Simpson got away with murder.  

#22 FreddieMercury

FreddieMercury

Former Foreign Affairs Minister

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

• Nation Ruler:FreddieMercury
  • Nation Name:Queendom of Freddie

• Resource One:
  • Resource Two:

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:14 AM - 0783222

There was an incredible amount of angst after the OJ trial.

#23 lonzomac

lonzomac

Kajillionaire...

• NADC Assembly
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

• Nation Ruler:lonzomac
  • Nation Name:Mushugga

• Resource One:
  • Resource Two:

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:31 PM - 0783223

According to the legal process, you have to PROVE BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT. Apparently there was reasonable doubt, there was a jury there. If he'd been convicted, I'd have agreed with the jury too. It's not about personal opinion, it's not about public opinion, it's about justice and according to our judicial system, he did nothing wrong. There are stand your ground laws in many states across the country meaning that if you are threatened in any way where you feel harm may come to you, you have the right to stand your ground and use deadly force as you see fit. It's the law in Florida, so there was no need for a legally gun-toting citizen that is also part of the neighborhood watch to run from someone even if he followed them. He was attacked because he was fulfilling his community obligations and he responded with deadly force. He notified police beforehand which clearly shows that he had no harmful intentions. I've been to prison, and not one murderer there called the police before they killed someone. Again, the jury freed him, the prosecution failed at their position, I mean the guy didn't even get his charges brought before the grand jury of the state first, they just went straight to trial which to me is a violation of his due process but all state laws vary. I'm from Tennessee which isn't far from Florida and the laws are similar, any time someone is charged with a felony the evidence is presented before an appointed grand jury and they decide if there is enough evidence to pursue a case. If they find there isn't enough, the charges can be brought about again at a later date when there is further evidence, and of course if they find there is enough to go forward then they go forward and you start going to court. Laws are laws gentlemen, we don't make them and yes they can be retarded but none the less we have to go by them. Do I think race mattered? As far as him being charged in the first place it was to 'ease' racial tension. Anytime racist people can influence the government claiming it is racist, it sets us all back 200 years. Most people I know give a fuck less what color you are and the black people I know, their opinion on the matter was more or less they didn't give a sugar because they didn't know them. People like Al Sharpton and Tom Metzger are just retards trying to make a buck off of a tragedy. The parents even say race isn't a factor, so why is this Don King wanna be motherfucker trying to upset everybody for nothing more than a dollar and maybe getting more of his people killed. Fools play the race card, it's the 21st century get over it. :D

#24 WilliamFrancisLouis

WilliamFrancisLouis

Should be AC by now

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

• Nation Ruler:WilliamFrancisLouis
  • Nation Name:Free Peoples

• Resource One:
  • Resource Two:

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:07 PM - 0783224

At 

Zimmerman should have been charged with manslaughter at least. He started the confrontation and ended up killing a innocent boy. The self defense claim is laughable. You don't start a fight and then call foul when you've been bested.

If the races were reversed zimmerman would have quickly been found guilty. If you really don't think so, you're delusional about the state of entrenched racism in American society.

Well said.  At the very least, how was this not harassment on Zimmerman's part?

#25 lonzomac

lonzomac

Kajillionaire...

• NADC Assembly
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

• Resource One:
  • Resource Two:

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:42 AM - 0783225

At 

Zimmerman should have been charged with manslaughter at least. He started the confrontation and ended up killing a innocent boy. The self defense claim is laughable. You don't start a fight and then call foul when you've been bested.

If the races were reversed zimmerman would have quickly been found guilty. If you really don't think so, you're delusional about the state of entrenched racism in American society.

Well said.  At the very least, how was this not harassment on Zimmerman's part?

He was the leader of the neighborhood watch. Anyone walking through the neighborhood at night is suspicious activity. I don't agree with it myself, I'd love for people to let me troll outside their houses a few years ago. Easy to peek in windows and see what you want. Also, what if Zimmerman had been black and the victim white? You'd not hear the outrage on the news. There was a couple in Knoxville a few years back, a young white couple from Tennessee that had money. They were both abducted by a group of 3 black males and one female. The male was taken to some train tracks a few miles away, raped by all three and then killed while his girlfriend watched. Her they kept a few days, raping and torturing and before they killed her they forced her to drink bleach thinking it would kill any DNA evidence. Never heard about it? I'm not surprised.

#26 FreddieMercury

FreddieMercury

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

• Resource One:
  • Resource Two:

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:17 PM - 0783226

Neighborhood watch is not the neightborhood police. Its called to the "watch" for a reason, they watch out for things and then call the police when they see someone black (I.e. suspicious) they call the cops and let them take care of the issue.

When people pull out the "race card" issue like it was some sort of get out jail free card for minorities, I can't help but laugh how ignorant you are. You clearly don't socialize with minorities.

#27 lonzomac

lonzomac

Kajillionaire...

• NADC Assembly
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

• Resource One:
  • Resource Two:

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:31 PM - 0783227

Na I don't socialize with racists.

#28 FreddieMercury

FreddieMercury

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

• Resource One:
  • Resource Two:

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:10 PM - 0783228

Everybody is racist. It's part of human nature. But some are more racist than others. The worst thing anyone can do is pretend it doesn't exist.

#29 lonzomac

lonzomac

Kajillionaire...

• NADC Assembly
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

• Resource One:
  • Resource Two:

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:42 PM - 0783229

Oh you're very correct, racism is alive and well in quite a bit of people. And yes some are more racist than others. That makes it easy for very racist people to influence masses of people with preconceived notions about everyone else. I don't believe I could live my life and be happy always thinking that my problems are the results of someone else's actions centuries ago. Any time Uncle Sam can keep the general public divided, he can implement laws that take away basic rights. Not just talking about President Obama either, I'm talking about all politicians. This tragic thing that happened to someone's child was used for profit by some, and for the white politicians they just wanted to bring him to trial so all the blacks would calm down. They use us all as pawns, and they use the news to influence public opinion. If this hadn't made the news, like millions of others just like it, nobody would know or care. All I'm saying is I'm not letting our government play me for a fool, I like to think for myself.