Forums upgraded! Read more... ×
cn-nadc.net | North Atlantic Defense Coalition
Kharn

Kharn's Gaming Corner

I consider myself as both a PC and console gamer. Although currently I don't have a console (my 360 broke a year ago), I still like to keep up with the console news. I'm also thinking about upgrading my PC, seeing that it’s about 7 years old and the next generation of games are too advanced for my current system. But any who here’s what's on my machines

LAPTOP

Sid Meier's Civilization V Rating: 9/10

Great game, especially love the single, the multiplayer has a few connection issues IMO. Its great turn based strategy game.

Papers Please Rating: 8/10

An odd but surprisingly fun game, you play as a boarder agent and you have to check peoples documents to see if there legit.

Game Dev. Tycoon Rating: 6/10

Not the greatest game, but gets really hard as it progresses.

Space Hulk Rating: 5/10

Space Hulk is a turn base strategy where you control units in a maze for corridors. I’m a fan of the warhammer 40K universe, but this game is just not my cup of tea.

DESKTOP

Dragon Age Origins Rating: HAVE NOT PLAYED

Spec Ops the Line Rating: HAVE NOT PLAYED

Dead Space” Rating: HAVE NOT PLAYED

MechWarrior Online Rating: HAVE NOT PLAYED

SimCity Rating: 8/10

I loved the SimCity series, so I have enjoyed this once the start-up issues were settled

Dark Souls Rating: HAVE NOT PLAYED

The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings Rating: CURRENTLY PLAYING

State of Decay Rating: CURRENTLY PLAYING

Guild Wars 2 Rating: 8/10

I have put in about 40 hours into this game, which is surprising seeing that I’m not a huge fan of MMO, could use a few friends so I can get motivated to complete it.

Assassin’s Creed 3 Rating: HAVE NOT PLAYED

The Walking Dead: The Game Rating 10/10

Fucking love this game has such a great emotional impact, even if the gameplay isn’t that outstanding. Story telling at its greatest.

That’s it so far, you can add me on steam: Kharn420 or on Xbox live on brassclaw   

GET LEAGUE OF LEGENDS THEN I WILL MARRY YOU

Mind if I add my own ratings with games I have? :)

go ahead

Antichamber - 8/10

MC Escheresque game that really screws with your mind and is often confusing, but still good.

Avadon: The Black Fortress - 7.5/10

Great game, but repetitive due to the lack of unique enemies.

FEZ - 9.5/10

Great graphics, great gameplay but often confusing and can be hard to finish if you don't know where to go.

Portal 1 & 2 - 10/10

I love these amazing games with a great storyline and hidden Easter eggs.

Warframe - 8.5/10

A nice game. Often laggy for me, but the multiplayer gameplay is great and the graphics are highly detailed.

Dwarf Fortress - Fun/10

Dwarf_Fortress_fun.png

Good to see someone else who likes SimCity. :) Not sure why but I find it very entertaining. 8/10 is definitely deserved, and wouldn't go any higher than that unfortunately.

Have you played with some of the latest updates? I haven't had a chance to try them out.

Also Mount & Blade FTW: http://www2.taleworlds.com/

@ Azure Mantle: No, I haven't been on SimCity lately, i will get back too it eventally

@ Tankkiller: That pic made me laugh, I have a buddy that plays dwarf fortress

SimCity is fun. :)
Lately I've been into FFXIV:ARR. Other than that, not a lot of PC gaming--mostly handheld stuff (Rune Factory, anybody? >_>)

Good thread. :P

Awesome that we have another gamer here.  I play a lot of PC games, mostly FPS and play PS3 sometimes.  That said I expect Battlefield 4 to take over my life lol.  Any plans to play it?

I have played Battlefied 3, and enjoyed it somewhat. When it comes to FPS, i have always been more of a Call of Duty fan. The last FPS i played was Far Cry 3, which i enjoyed a lot. Although the story/ending was not the greatest.

Zygon: Dota+MASTER+RACE+reporting+in+_3f0c9eea9

xD

I'm generally partial to most games, PC or 360. More PC tho nowadays

Hardcore pc gamer here.

Not must time though xD

I currently play Diablo III after 'finishing' Skyrim

Yo kharn play me in civ 5 :D

Yo kharn play me in civ 5 :D

Message me on IRC, and we can set something up.

I also consider myself to be a gamer, though its somewhat off and on.

My pile of "To finish!" is FAR too large, but I mostly prefer RPGs and TBS games.

Yes, that includes Civ V and Civ IV, and I'd also be down for a game of that (even played Civ 4 longterm with a couple of FARKers a couple of years ago - think 8hr turns)

Also loved the old sim city games and even reinstalled civ3K a while ago. not plannng on playing the reboot.

also, M I N E C R A F T.

pretty much all of the TES games are on my 'yet to finish' list :/

I also consider myself to be a gamer, though its somewhat off and on.

My pile of "To finish!" is FAR too large, but I mostly prefer RPGs and TBS games.

Yes, that includes Civ V and Civ IV, and I'd also be down for a game of that (even played Civ 4 longterm with a couple of FARKers a couple of years ago - think 8hr turns)

Also loved the old sim city games and even reinstalled civ3K a while ago. not plannng on playing the reboot.

also, M I N E C R A F T.

pretty much all of the TES games are on my 'yet to finish' list :/

I have a game for you, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, its TBS mixed with some RPG elements.

One of the games i'm really looking forward to it is The Wolf Among US, By Teltale games, they made the walking dead:the game and i'm pumped for this new game coming out of this stuido

State of decay: pretty good zombie simulator, it's got some strange quirks but it's a nice change of pace by rewarding stealth.

Dishonored: one fine stealth game with teleportation! The game makes you feel baddass.

Minecraft: as addictive as a lego box with unlimited space and an unlimited amount of blocks.

Ys Origin: think old-school zelda + 3D and fast-paced action, but with true levelling and great music. Similarly for Ys: The Oath in Felghana. Ys 1& 2 complete is a similar game, but no 3D yet AND you've got an interesting game-mechanic where you dont swing your sword but run into enemies off-center to fight & kill them.

Final Fantasy 7: First FF to go 3D. vastly overrated but still a fun game I've yet to finish. It helps that it was on special offer on steam for $6 and I didn't legally own it yet :P

Eschalon Book 1: old-school isometric 2D RPG with good music and an interesting storyline. You wake up in a ruined town with no memories of yourself and must find out how and why you ended up where you did. Sometimes reminiscent of an indie Baldur's Gate version.

And that's basically what I've been playing lately. :)

(Except for Ys 1& 2 and Ys: The Oath in Felghana (remake of the 3rd game, which comes chronologically 4th in the series). I already finished those :P)

State of decay: pretty good zombie simulator, it's got some strange quirks but it's a nice change of pace by rewarding stealth.

Dishonored: one fine stealth game with teleportation! The game makes you feel baddass.

I'm currently just started state of decay, and so far its good, but i'm only about 2 hours in. I have played dishonored and it wasn't my favorite stealth game. I just not a fan of first person stealth games, the area awareness is not as great as there third person counter parts and it throws me off. Also steampunk doesn't rock my boat.

I just bought The Wolf Among Us, but i can't play the first chapter because i'm at my mothers for the long weekend :(

So i played the first Chapter of The Wolf Among Us, and its was excellent. The presentation and colour palate are awesome, although i do prefer the walking dead universe over the Fables universe in which The Wolf Among Us is set in, with that said i can't wait for next episode.

I also picked up Democracy 3, and its a pretty fun game. It's a political simulator, were you run a country of your choice. Your goal being stay popular enough so you get elected. My first playthrough i was assassinated by religious extremists. :P

Another game that i played was The Stanley Parable. A cool little indie game about choice, although it will hurt your brain if you think about it too much.

So i played the first Chapter of The Wolf Among Us, and its was excellent. The presentation and colour palate are awesome, although i do prefer the walking dead universe over the Fables universe in which The Wolf Among Us is set in, with that said i can't wait for next episode.

I also picked up Democracy 3, and its a pretty fun game. It's a political simulator, were you run a country of your choice. Your goal being stay popular enough so you get elected. My first playthrough i was assassinated by religious extremists. :P

Another game that i played was The Stanley Parable. A cool little indie game about choice, although it will hurt your brain if you think about it too much.

I loved Democracy 2. I'm keen to see what changes they've made in Democracy 3. I've also heard about the Stanley Parable (on Pewdiepie's channel). It looks mind-screwy.

So I haven't been playing a lot of games lately, I did pick up Battlefield 4, and i don't mind it too much. My computer struggles to run it well. I have been waiting for ep.2 of the Wolf Among Us, but it still hasn't come out yet. I also picked up peggle, chainsaw warrior and Bad piggys. Peggle is a addictive casual game, good for time before or between classes. Chainsaw warrior is a game based off of a board game, its fun but difficult. Bad Piggys is made by the angry birds people, its charming like angry birds, but not as fun.

Peggle: 7.5

Chainsaw warrior: 6.5

Bad Piggys: 7.5

Did anyone buy a PS4 or a Xbox One?

Picked up an XB1. Now just waiting on them to release some games for it (Notwithstanding Forza...mmmm... :3)