Forums upgraded! Read more... ×
cn-nadc.net | North Atlantic Defense Coalition
lonzomac

COD or Battlefield??

I've found myself locked into an argument with a couple of friends of mine lately. I'm a Call of Duty fan myself but then again I never gave Battlefield a shot until recently. I rented BF4 to try it out because I kept hearing some cool things and because it's supposed to be more challenging than the COD games. I was severely disappointed. The thought of being able to operate tanks, aircraft and whatnot was appealing, but I didn't see what the big challenge was. I mean a rocket can take down an entire building, so can a grenade. You get to carry three packs of C4 which is insane, the only thing I saw that was ok was the graphics and I did like the maps. So I checked out COD: Ghosts. The graphics are the same as BF4, and the maps are getting better with multi-levels to climb to. Some of the killstreaks are different which is pretty cool. I just wanted to see if anyone else had an opinion on this?

I like battlefield, it much more challenging to win. It requires a team effort.

I haven't played fps recently but bf all the way.  Bf is such a better experience.  You get everything in the game, it actually feels like a war/ battle type experience, you get tanks trucks jets etc and some aspects are more realistic.  It does require a team effort and that is why i like it more than cod.  Cod is basically a cash cow in my opinion.

I haven't played fps recently but bf all the way.  Bf is such a better experience.  You get everything in the game, it actually feels like a war/ battle type experience, you get tanks trucks jets etc and some aspects are more realistic.  It does require a team effort and that is why i like it more than cod.  Cod is basically a cash cow in my opinion.

This is why me and him are lost brothers cause i agree 100%

Its an interesting question. I have play both franchises, although most of my experience is with CoD. I remember playing Battlefield: 1942 and enjoying the open fields of play with lots of cover and routes to get to claim objectives. My first CoD experience was with the first modern warfare. Its a faster pace run and gun. I loved CoD:MW2 and never felt the need to play the other battlefields. MW3 came out it was more of the same. i did play battlefield 3 but my PC graphics card didn't agree with it by lagging it. I did pick up bf4 but still have the same issues with lagginess. MW3 was the last CoD game i played, the rest of them out gun my PC.

Long story short, i guess i'm a CoD fan and I need a new PC :P

If I'm playing PC, BF4, if I'm playing Xbox, MW3

I feel the former has a much greater emphasis on teamwork, while on MW3 the solo approach has more benefits.

- Side note - Having played the Titanfall beta on PC and Xbox, I can say I much prefer it on console too, I wonder if its something to do with the devs... haha

Honestly they both have their ups and downs, and it depends on the persons gaming style.

I am firmly a CoD guy. Regardless of what people say, CoD requires skill to be good. I've started out playing CoD as well, so Battlefield just feels off to me. So its also one of those, "I'm more used to the feel of this game."  Yes, you may be able to use vehicles in BF, but I don't care for those. Another thing that brings me from it.  Now I saw a statement above that said CoD doesn't use teamwork.  I disagree with this. If you get a full team working together, You may be unstoppable. While on the other hand, you can go in alone, and do Really good, yet your team still loses. And I mean I've went 42 - 3 and still lost a simple team death.

There will always be things I hate about cod tough. One major problem is head glitching.  Oh? you can only see the tip of my head? Well I can totally still shoot you.

Honestly, I don't want to hear anyone says CoD doesn't change anything. They do. Go whale on Halo if you want to say a game hasn't changed.

Ps. I only play fps's on consoles, and have all the CoD and BF games.

Honestly they both have their ups and downs, and it depends on the persons
I am firmly a CoD guy. Regardless of what people say, CoD requires skill to be good. I've started out playing CoD as well, so Battlefield just feels off to me. So its also one of those, "I'm more used to the feel of this game." Yes, you may be able to use vehicles in BF, but I don't care for those. Another thing that brings me from it. Now I saw a statement above that said CoD doesn't use teamwork. I disagree with this. If you get a full team working together, You may be unstoppable. While on the other hand, you can go in alone, and do Really good, yet your team still loses. And I mean I've went 42 - 3 and still lost a simple team death.

There will always be things I hate about cod tough. One major problem is head glitching. Oh? you can only see the tip of my head? Well I can totally still shoot you.

Honestly, I don't want to hear anyone says CoD doesn't change anything. They do. Go whale on Halo if you want to say a game hasn't changed.

Guess we disagree I feel a debate coming :p halo changes and is better unlike cod.

Another thing, while what you said that cod requieres skill is true it does not apply because both games requiere skill lol.

I certainly don't disagree that a strong team is great in CoD, merely that its more critical in BF4, with the "rock-paper-scissors" approach it takes

Halo = Same weapons every game.

I am firmly a CoD guy. Regardless of what people say, CoD requires skill to be good. I've started out playing CoD as well, so Battlefield just feels off to me. So its also one of those, "I'm more used to the feel of this game." Yes, you may be able to use vehicles in BF, but I don't care for those. Another thing that brings me from it. Now I saw a statement above that said CoD doesn't use teamwork. I disagree with this. If you get a full team working together, You may be unstoppable. While on the other hand, you can go in alone, and do Really good, yet your team still loses. And I mean I've went 42 - 3 and still lost a simple team death.

There will always be things I hate about cod tough. One major problem is head glitching. Oh? you can only see the tip of my head? Well I can totally still shoot you.

Guess we disagree I feel a debate coming :P halo changes and is better unlike cod.

Another thing, while what you said that cod requieres skill is true it does not apply because both games requiere skill lol.

Halo: lets make a storyline that can be beat in 3 hours (same with CoD tbh), keep the same weapons, same appearance of those weapons, maybe throw in one or 2 weapons max. I like Halo...Yet that truely is a game where the only major thing that changes game to game is Graphics. (which can be said somewhat for some CoD games, I know)

Don't get me wrong. I like and played Halo.

I also didn't say BF doesn't require skill. Most games do require skill to be "Good at."

Halo = Same weapons every game.

Guess we disagree I feel a debate coming :P halo changes and is better unlike cod.

Halo: lets make a storyline that can be beat in 3 hours (same with CoD tbh), keep the same weapons, same appearance of those weapons, maybe throw in one or 2 weapons max. I like Halo...Yet that truely is a game where the only major thing that changes game to game is Graphics. (which can be said somewhat for some CoD games, I know)

Don't get me wrong. I like and played Halo.

I also didn't say BF doesn't require skill. Most games do require skill to be "Good at."

1. Weapons make a game ? 

2. Do you only play campaign because alot of things changed from halo 3 to 4.  Matter of fact the guns do not stay the same they have basically a different look almost every game.  For example: The sniper in halo 3 and 4 looked so different.  More things that graphics change.

looking back at what i wrote tells me my inner nerd has unleashed itself :P xD. lmfao  Do any of you guys play or know of the triology Mass Effect ? Its a 3rd person shooter/ rpg type game.  

Ahh, the memories...

Friday afternoons, after school, were halo 2 nights with a local youth group.

Held in a church, we had:

• ~5 Original Xboxes
  • Innumerable controllers in highly varied states of disrepair
  • As many copies of Halo 2 as we could find
  • 3 projectors and a TV, and
  • Cordial and snacks

All this for the low low price of a $1 or $2 coin donation!

It was a great atmosphere, fiercely competitive, but everyone was willing to share when we had more players than controller. For many of us, it was pretty much the only social outlet (outside of school of course) we had, and we all made friends for life.

Amazing what a videogame can do, and while it was such a shame when it finally came to an end, it was great while it lasted. ^.^

(Oh how I miss dual SMGs and Pistols, and triple headshots with the BR, and the overpowered Gauss-hog haha)

Good times xD

Things changed from 3 to 4 more than usual. But that was only based off of one factor. Different people, and a different company made it.

You're putting a lot of words in my mouth. You are creating the argument.

No, not just guns make the game, everything about the game makes the game. Where in the above did I specifically say "GUNS ARE EVERYTHING."

I play campaign, then I play online. And I mean I put a few weeks to months in a game before i pick up another.

Honestly right now I'm on Zelda, A link Between Worlds. Haven't touched a FPS in about a month. I might have to play one soon.

b8c7103ee2f1b6baccde640fdf1918b553ab7eab

AWWWW SHIT SOMEONE DROPPED HALO

So Halo is like my 2nd favorite FPS series of all time (FUCK U DOOM). It the game that usually my buddies play when we are drinking (halo or super smash brother melee). I have played all of the halos (with the excepion of ODST), with Halo 2 being my favorite. Halo has changed lot since Halo 1 to halo 4. One thing about Halo is that its paced differently then CoD or BF. Its a bit more forgiving, your body can take more damage from small arms fire. That also means its a bit harder to get a kill if you're alone, and with the addition of vehicles it mean that halo plays more like BF than CoD. Well until your factor in realism into the equation, BF has terrain destruction and bullet arch. Halo has a space marines, and some other questionable choices, but its a sci-fi game, realism can take a backseat.

Even tho i have probably put more hours in the halo franchise than CoD, CoD still edges Halo out IMO

Well this turned out to be an interesting read. BF does take teamwork so I guess that's why I dislike it. I don't have a dedicated group of people to play with so it sucks to try and play. MW3 is one of my faves, and of course you can definetly use teamwork on CoD but it seems that random people GET what you're trying to accomplish on those games more so than BF because you can see your team better. I wasn't thrilled with Ghosts though, yes the graphics were great but the whole setup process for your loadouts didn't make much sense to me, having to buy things with tokens instead of automatically getting it unlocked once you leveled up, so what's the point of leveling up? Recently I've just been stuck to Black Ops 2. While the TD are ok I like the party games wayyyyyyy better. Sticks and Stones is awesome but then again I've always really operated as a stand alone unit. Even when my ol lady plays with me, I'm gone. I carry the MP7 and a crossbow, she likes the M27 or the LSAT because she's a *puke* camper. Doesn't understand the run and gun method. As for Halo, I only played it on the old Xbox, I've never played the multiplayer but I've seen it done. You can definetly tell the Halo players on other FPS games though. They think that they're gonna float when they jump lol. I love it because they generally jump right when I let go of a semtex which produces very colorful conversation in the lobby in which I'm all manner of homosexuals. :D I like it when the kids get mad, it's my favorite part of the whole experience. :D Anybody on 360 Live can add me I changed my gamertag LonzoMac88. I'd love to shoot some of my fellow NADCers in the face, or get a decent team going.

If only the transcontinental links were up to the task! hehe

In my personal opinion the Project Reality mod for BF2 makes the battlefield series better for me. And the map sizes. Big thing for me so battlefield takes the cake even more. But Call of Duty is more fast paced and can be more fun. But 12 year olds ruin it for me most of time. although there are good ones

In my personal opinion the Project Reality mod for BF2 makes the battlefield series better for me. And the map sizes. Big thing for me so battlefield takes the cake even more. But Call of Duty is more fast paced and can be more fun. But 12 year olds ruin it for me most of time. although there are good ones

I know what you mean, but then again the little kiddies have more time to play around on it. I dedicated almost an entire week to training my 8 year old daughter on BO2 (I didn't care for Ghosts) to use only a pistol. The youngsters tend to use LMG's AR's or SMG's, which SMG's are good since COD games are fast paced, you can run faster, further and longer with a pistol and extreme conditioning. Get the scavenger perk and never run out of ammo or semtex, and I use the danger close so i'll always have 2 semtex. The kids hate it (especially campers) when you sneak up and pop their jolly asses execution style. Sure you have to get a little closer, but I've personally ran directly at someone shooting at me with a rifle and it's like the closer you get the worse their aim gets lol. I've never played any of the BF's except BF4 so perhaps I should've played some of the older ones before that. Like I said I like all of the COD games ( I even had Big Red One on PS2 ) and loved them, but in my honest opinion they ruined it with the release of Ghosts. I didn't play the campaign on that either only rented it so I played the multiplayer. I thought that the semtex launcher was going to be the coolest, but it sucked. I'm looking for more PC games though that are compatible with my laptop. The graphics card is fine AMD 64-bit AthlonX2 but my OS is freakin Vista home basic 32 bit. I really liked the last laptop I had with the windows 8 pro it played games like a champ but I fried it because I overclocked it too much. I'd always heard you could overclock your PC between 3 and 5 % and be safe but a buddy of mine said 8% was the max, he lied lol.

Battlefield. Them vehicles...for me to destroy   :yessir:

I am not a fan of either, as I play video games for the story, and both of those lack a decent one. (In my opinion.) For pure multiplayer enjoyment, though, I prefer BF because it is slower paced than CoD, and I am a pretty slow paced person. I cannot keep up with the action on CoD, personally.

Halo is iffy for me. On one hand, I adore all things space and sci-fi, so its inherently fun for me. On the other hand, it is pretty iteretive, though Halo 4 was a step in the right direction.

Anybody have Titanfall?

I am not a fan of either, as I play video games for the story, and both of those lack a decent one. (In my opinion.) For pure multiplayer enjoyment, though, I prefer BF because it is slower paced than CoD, and I am a pretty slow paced person. I cannot keep up with the action on CoD, personally.

Halo is iffy for me. On one hand, I adore all things space and sci-fi, so its inherently fun for me. On the other hand, it is pretty iteretive, though Halo 4 was a step in the right direction.

Anybody have Titanfall?

I assume since you love story you played the mass effect series ?

Anybody have Titanfall?

I assume since you love story you played the mass effect series ?

I did, several times. I havnt played through 3 twice though. The ending really was a let down for me, though the majority of the game is flawless.