Forums upgraded! Read more... ×
cn-nadc.net | North Atlantic Defense Coalition
Sign in to follow this  
Aurelius

The second NADC what-so-far-seems-to-be-an-annual poll

CURRENT AFFAIRS: Russia and Ukraine  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After nearly a year since the last poll, the second NADC poll is finally up! This time, we're doing something from current affairs.

Google maps already has Crimea as part of Russia. At this point, its a lost cause. I only hope that the rest of Eastern Ukraine can be kept safe, if only to deny it to Russia. That said, I highly doubt the West has any tangible threat to dissuade Russia.  Especially with Russia's nuthold on Europe's gas pipelines.

If we finished the Keystone pipeline, America could provide gas to Europe, thus lessening the reliance on Eastern power. This would allow us to place more effective sanctions on Russia, and possibly defuse the situation. Not gonna happen now. Russia has free reign in Eastern Europe until the West really feels threatened. Putin is just gonna keep testing the boundries until that happens.

The whole situation disgusts me...

The whole situation disgusts me...

Aye, it is disheartening. From what I've seen in the news, though, Kiev seems to have mishandled the situation when dealing with the elements that wanted to secede. It now seems that even Ukrainians living in Eastern Ukraine want to become Russian. It's an extremely tough situation and one I wouldn't want to be in charge of but playing into the other side's rhetoric painting them as "fascistic" hasn't helped.

Sign in to follow this