• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

• Nation Link:[ Link ]
  • Nation Ruler:lonzomac
  • Nation Name:Mushugga

• Resource One:
  • Resource Two:

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:05 PM - 084461

I was just wondering if anyone has used Gamesalad? It's a free download. What it's for is development of apps for Android phones. They have another one that's for Mac products and develps for iPhone. I've been tinkering around with it, but I can't come up with a truly different idea for an app that doesn't exist but should.

#2 tony2456

tony2456

The Tiger who guardeth ze Puffin

• Immortal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,219 posts

• Nation Ruler:tony2456
  • Nation Name:Republic of Antonia

• Resource One:
  • Resource Two:

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:24 PM - 084462

Never heard of it, but I'll check it out. if you really are interested in app development, I just started a new web development firm with a couple of guys, and one of the guys is already an android developer. :) We're actually trying to get an idea to together to build our own app for passive income. If you'd like to help us brainstorm, that'd be awesome. 

#3 lonzomac

lonzomac

Kajillionaire...

• NADC Assembly
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

• Resource One:
  • Resource Two:

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:01 PM - 084463

The best idea I can come up with is for a game. There are lots of sniper games out for android but they all have the same problems, lag and incompatibility with devices. I think the best one is the stick man sniper game but the graphics of course suck. As far as useful apps none of the volume boosters work, they all just lower your initial volume and then put it up when you turn it on. I like to jam with my earbuds, but they're not nearly loud enough for my metal music, so getting a booster that actually works would be awesome.

#4 lonzomac

lonzomac

Kajillionaire...

• NADC Assembly
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

• Resource One:
  • Resource Two:

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:03 PM - 084464

Oh there is a site where you can actually make some money. It goes by bid, they place their budget, describe the job and take bids on it. www.elance.com It's for freelance programmers, web developers, etc. etc. all the way down to simple editing and data entry. Payment is guaranteed through the site itself. It's worth checking into.

#5 tony2456

tony2456

The Tiger who guardeth ze Puffin

• Immortal Member
  • 2,219 posts

• Nation Ruler:tony2456
  • Nation Name:Republic of Antonia

• Resource One:
  • Resource Two:

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:05 PM - 084465

Interesting ideas. :) Oh yeah Ive tried elance.....we're currently on Odesk right now. Odesk seems to be bigger and no up-front fees for freelancers. 

#6 Tiagoroth

Tiagoroth

Award Winning Secretary General

• Immortal Member
  • 1,780 posts

• Nation Ruler:Tiagoroth
  • Nation Name:Sabrosia

• Resource One:
  • Resource Two:

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:39 PM - 084466

Eheh, stick man sniper. That's what my friend produces. The Clear Vision series both for online gaming and phones, produced by DPFlashes. I also have a friend in Sub Canis Studios which make Android apps. And friends in Z2Live, producer of Battle Nations. Man :P

#7 lonzomac

lonzomac

Kajillionaire...

• NADC Assembly
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

• Resource One:
  • Resource Two:

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:23 AM - 084467

Interesting ideas. :) Oh yeah Ive tried elance.....we're currently on Odesk right now. Odesk seems to be bigger and no up-front fees for freelancers. 

I'll have to check them out. Most of the people that post on elance want something for nothing. Too many people out of country also. I can see working with someone from Australia or the UK, even Scotland or Ireland, but lots of the jobs are for the Chinese from what I've seen.

Eheh, stick man sniper. That's what my friend produces. The Clear Vision series both for online gaming and phones, produced by DPFlashes. I also have a friend in Sub Canis Studios which make Android apps. And friends in Z2Live, producer of Battle Nations. Man :P

Tell them to make something that'll slightly overclock an Android's processor. I know how to overclock a PC but I haven't really worked with smartphones much, it's something new I'm trying to dabble in. I haven't figured out yet how to access an Android's CMOS. Yet...