Forums upgraded! Read more... ×
cn-nadc.net | North Atlantic Defense Coalition
Aurelius

Fox News the most trusted news source

Looks like it's just because the Democrat vote is more evenly split between other networks, whereas Republicans overwhelmingly support Fox News (go figure).

Honestly if anyone trusts any 24-hour news network nowadays they should probably check their facts. These are entertainment businesses out to get ratings through sensationalism, reporting the news accurately is secondary.

Looks like it's just because the Democrat vote is more evenly split between other networks, whereas Republicans overwhelmingly support Fox News (go figure).

Honestly if anyone trusts any 24-hour news network nowadays they should probably check their facts. These are entertainment businesses out to get ratings through sensationalism, reporting the news accurately is secondary.

williams110502_1_250.jpg

^^^ HAHAHA!!! I was there man!! What Azure said is pretty much what I was gonna say, he hit it pretty much on the head. Accurate news is secondary, we all need to know how big the Kardashian's booties are getting, not the conflicts around the globe.

^^^ HAHAHA!!! I was there man!! What Azure said is pretty much what I was gonna say, he hit it pretty much on the head. Accurate news is secondary, we all need to know how big the Kardashian's booties are getting, not the conflicts around the globe.

I'm pretty sure Kim's glorious behind is getting more attention. 

I mean, look: https://twitter.com/kimsass

It even has its own Twitter account. 

I'm pretty sure Kim's glorious behind is getting more attention. 

I mean, look: https://twitter.com/kimsass

It even has its own Twitter account. 

DAAAAAAMN!! Maybe I should start a Twitter account.

Ummm I'm not a genius but I was under the impression that a coup consisted of removing the national leader,which would be him if he were elected. I haven't heard until now that he's planning on running. In my opinion the race is going to be Clinton vs. Bush. Everyone says they don't like Jeb Bush, that's rarely mattered in our elections. I don't think America will elect a man named Lindsey anyway,then again I didn't see a Barack in our lineup either. It'd be nice if someone would lock Congress in Washington so they can do whatever it is that they're paid to do.

Ummm I'm not a genius but I was under the impression that a coup consisted of removing the national leader,which would be him if he were elected. I haven't heard until now that he's planning on running. In my opinion the race is going to be Clinton vs. Bush. Everyone says they don't like Jeb Bush, that's rarely mattered in our elections. I don't think America will elect a man named Lindsey anyway,then again I didn't see a Barack in our lineup either. It'd be nice if someone would lock Congress in Washington so they can do whatever it is that they're paid to do.

Apparently it would be a "self-coup". According to the article:

Political scientists often refer to that type of action as a "self-coup," a situation in which a legitimate leader uses the military or other armed force to unlawfully seize more power than is permitted under the constitution of the country in question. Usually that's a permanent seizure of power and a total shutdown of the legislature, so what Graham is proposing is a relatively mild version. But as silver linings go, "it's a coup, but only a small one" isn't very comforting.

Coup or not, I think it's probably a bad idea to go around saying you would use military force to force people to achieve a particular outcome, especially when it might breach the spirit of separation of powers. Somehow I still think this has to be a joke.

I'm not sure if Clinton is going to be "it". Even if the current email issue doesn't bring her down, I'm just not sure she could take the pressure. She's already being attacked and she hasn't even officially declared yet - a taster of things to come. She's a strong lady but how can anyone take that kind of pressure?

A few thoughts...

1. Today, there are very few (if any) media outlets that do not show at least some bias. It isn't just cable news- it's everything.
2. As MSNBC host Chris Hayes admitted about the poll- Fox was the only conservative outlet in the poll. That somewhat echos the point that most networks do lean left, while Fox certainly leans right. I've watched all those mentioned in the poll, and no network leans as hard either way as MSNBC.
3. HERE is an article about coup joke that puts it in a bit more perspective. Although, it was still a stupid thing to say.
4. I read the Wall Street Journal and New York Times to attempt to balance things out. :)

A few thoughts...1. Today, there are very few (if any) media outlets that do not show at least some bias. It isn't just cable news- it's everything.2. As MSNBC host Chris Hayes admitted about the poll- Fox was the only conservative outlet in the poll. That somewhat echos the point that most networks do lean left, while Fox certainly leans right. I've watched all those mentioned in the poll, and no network leans as hard either way as MSNBC.3. HERE is an article about coup joke that puts it in a bit more perspective. Although, it was still a stupid thing to say.4. I read the Wall Street Journal and New York Times to attempt to balance things out. :)

News from multiple sources especially concerning the same story is about the only way to figure anything out. There's my story, there's your story and somewhere in between the truth lies.

Very true lonzomac.