Forums upgraded! Read more... ×
cn-nadc.net | North Atlantic Defense Coalition
Member Berry

Best Vacation

Best Vacation  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Its that time of the year, people either have already gone on vacation or are flocking to get a vacation for the last weeks of August.  What was your most interesting vacation experience? 

I have to admit, I really like taking my family to Disney World in Florida. I'm like a kid there. Universal is great too. I prefer the beach when it's just my wife and I (which is rare). I've been wanting to go to Scotland to see where my clan is from. My grandfather was born there. 

Vacation in August? What's the occasion?

My most memorable holiday was staying in Sydney for the millennium celebrations, sure I was only 8, but seeing the bay so full of boats, and all the fireworks, it was a really cool  experience xD

I'd love to go back to Germany. It was pretty awesome, what I got to see anyway. I didn't get to stay long enough to thoroughly enjoy myself though and didn't get to go to Berlin. :( Actually, anywhere in Europe would be nice, but Germany was very cool to me and the people surprisingly LOVED American Marines. :)

I've had several memorable vacations!  In 2005, my husband and I went to the UK and went to London, Penryn (Cornwall, where my great-grandfather was born), and Edinburg.  In 2006, I went on a road trip to New Orleans with my best friend (one year to the day after Katrina).  In 2007, we took an Alaskan cruise.  In 2008 we went to Boston.  In 2010 we took a cruise to the Bahamas over Spring break, and in August we drove to Yellowstone (and came home pregnant).  In 2012 we went to New Orleans (and came home pregnant).  We do a lot of long weekend or Spring Break trips to the Outer Banks (North Carolina) or to the Blue Ridge Mountains since I live in SE Virginia.  This weekend we're going to DC for the weekend to take our girls to the National Zoo and the Natural History museum since they're into dinosaurs right now.

I went to Italy this summer and it was by far the best thing I have ever done :D So foreign city it is!!

If I could be travel Europe. But this spring I'm taking the family to San Francisco

Just came back from 10 days climbing/swimming/eating/climbing/drinking/hiking/sightseeing/climbing with 7-9 friends in Aix-en-Provence, France and Barcelona-area, Spain. Words fail to express how incredible it was. :)

Sweet tank!

I went to Newport RI for 3 days last week, I loved it.

I hate you Tank!!!!!! I'm jealous!

Well if you (or anyone else here) ever wants to visit Switzerland, I'd be more than happy to host you. ;) (We already host couchsurfers in our house. :) )

And it's not too bad here either.

Dude thats beautiful :P

Wow....