Forums upgraded! Read more... ×
cn-nadc.net | North Atlantic Defense Coalition
Sign in to follow this  
Member Berry

Pretty Interesting Thing About Europe

That's really cool. Thanks for sharing!

Thank goodness to have a visual representation of a real-world event that is historical in our lifetimes!  Thanks for sharing!

I'd be careful of saying that, and I don't know anyone here who supports the idea that this is an inevitable and avoidable consequence of the refugee crisis.

Don't forget that the majority of refugees are themselves fleeing from IS, who have already butchered thousands in Syria and Iraq.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34839187

So... I Guess the consequences of this Mass Migration are starting to show.

That's exactly what Daesh would like you to think, though. If the western world and all of the other European Union countries start shifting blame towards the refugee crisis, then they have nowhere else to turn than back to the false caliphate. It is their goal to make Muslims be targeted. They will inevitably infiltrate the refugees and gain access to countries. But this is okay! They would have found other ways. It is not an excuse to turn away refugees. 75% of refugees are women and children; and these are definitely not jihadists. We are all brothers and sisters, and we should all love each other. That is the only we can win.

• Upvote 1

Actually, I believe a woman blew herself up in Paris. Charles Krauthammer suggested only letting in women, children and men over 50. That would be a "middle-ground", helping thousands, while considerably lowering the risk of infiltration by a terrorist. Yeah...profiling. 

• Upvote 1

Except for saying that women cannot be aggressors, I largely agree with Tia.

And I really disagree with not letting in men under 50, but I agree that a more tempered and controlled approach to the influx of refugees could be good. It seems that's what governments are moving towards, however.

I'd be careful of saying that, and I don't know anyone here who supports the idea that this is an inevitable and avoidable consequence of the refugee crisis.

Don't forget that the majority of refugees are themselves fleeing from IS, who have already butchered thousands in Syria and Iraq.

I disagree, this is the consequence of the refugee crisis because of how irresponsibly it was handled.  It all started with Germany using an open door policy and encouraging people to migrate to Germany without knowing and not being prepared for the consequences of their actions, they were not prepared for the influx of people and are trying to force refugees on other countries...if a country/ people don't want refugees Germany shouldn't force them to accept their burden of the mistake.

They would have found other ways. It is not an excuse to turn away refugees. 75% of refugees are women and children; and these are definitely not jihadists. We are all brothers and sisters, and we should all love each other. That is the only we can win.

Its true that extremist would have more than likely found other ways but this refugee crisis makes it so easy for them, for example in Greece, refugees are greeted and just asked simple questions by greeters like "Why are you here" or "where are you from" and terrorists can EASILY bypass that.

Also I am curious where you are getting those numbers, I've looked at a number of websites, and there are varying numbers on the makeup on refugees.  I read somewhere that men are more likely to make the journey to Europe.

The refugee crisis has been very ill managed and as a result this is the consequence and I hope that Europe can learn and as tank said find a "more tempered and controlled approach"  to this crisis.

Cool website! I'm just not sure the western world can afford to keep bringing these people in.

Consider also that if these people hadn't been able to make the journey to Europe, tens of thousands of them would likely have been killed. The lives and comfort of Europeans are not more important than the lives of these people.

Frankly as an American I am going to have a different perspective than a European however the refugees coming into Europe could lead to economic collapse. These people are not capable of supporting themselves and governments will have to expend capital to take care of them, money that they don't have cause last time I checked most if not all European countries are in debt. Don't forget about the possibility of ISIS posing as refugees and killing Europeans. In this sad situation I would say better safe than sorry.

Frankly as an American I am going to have a different perspective than a European however the refugees coming into Europe could lead to economic collapse. These people are not capable of supporting themselves and governments will have to expend capital to take care of them, money that they don't have cause last time I checked most if not all European countries are in debt. Don't forget about the possibility of ISIS posing as refugees and killing Europeans. In this sad situation I would say better safe than sorry.

You can help some but you can't help all.

Consider also that if these people hadn't been able to make the journey to Europe, tens of thousands of them would likely have been killed. The lives and comfort of Europeans are not more important than the lives of these people.

That is not true, while some come straight from combat zones, most of the refugees are coming from refugee camps in Turkey, or Jordan etc.  While conditions in these camps are not the best, they are certainly not combats zones and not in any mortal danger every day.  They are attracted to Europe on the condition that their life will instantly get better, instead they only arrive in Europe to find that governments need to put them in more refugee camps before they can locate and place them somewhere to finally start their life over.

I would love to see countries like Saudi Arabia and UAE take in these refugees. The fact that they don't is just unfair on their part. Speaking of which I don't know why the United States continues to be allies with such a barbaric country. Saudi Arabia won't even allow you in their country if you have a stamp from Israel on your passport (One of the United States closest allies). If what XxHouseArrestXx said is correct then I would be in favor of completely shutting off the flow of refugees into Europe.

I would love to see countries like Saudi Arabia and UAE take in these refugees. The fact that they don't is just unfair on their part. Speaking of which I don't know why the United States continues to be allies with such a barbaric country. Saudi Arabia won't even allow you in their country if you have a stamp from Israel on your passport (One of the United States closest allies). If what XxHouseArrestXx said is correct then I would be in favor of completely shutting off the flow of refugees into Europe.

I agree, countries like Saudi Arabia and UAE should be taking in these refugees.  I disagree with shutting off the flow, but Europe needs to create a system in place where they accept some refugees and help them and deny others.  They can't help everyone, and I found this graphic that makes it clear, help some but not all because Europe is going to be overwhelmed. 

JD0M375.png

Right now the situation is akin to that of waves Irish/Italian immigrants to coming to America during the major influxes we had. They're going to put a strain on local resources, they're going to be separate for a while but they'll slowly assimilate in and begin productive lives. It's just going to be a rough start.

That's a name i haven't seen since the crack of time itself.

Right now the situation is akin to that of waves Irish/Italian immigrants to coming to America during the major influxes we had. They're going to put a strain on local resources, they're going to be separate for a while but they'll slowly assimilate in and begin productive lives. It's just going to be a rough start.

I disagree. During the influx we had last century and before,we did not have the social safety nets like we do today. That has created a huge difference on the economic impact of our nation. Also, our nation is assimilating more toward the immigrants today than the reverse, which happened last century.