Forums upgraded! Read more... ×
cn-nadc.net | North Atlantic Defense Coalition
Sign in to follow this  
Member Berry

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Spoiler Discussion and Reviews

This thread is rated S, for Super Spoilers 

This is your final warning, Spoilers below, leave if you don't want anything revealed!  

I was surprised to learn that Luke is Leia's sister.

hehe

I've been thinking about the movie, and about how its really quite similar in a lot of ways with the existing entries.

Replicating Anakin's fall with Ren, the obvious Luke and Rey similarities, the newcomer losing his/her new mentor early on, a last ditch effort against the evil power's superweapon, etc.

It's all familiar, and there are reasons why that is good and bad, but I think if you take his movie as a gateway for new fans who might not have seen the previous ones (yes, they exist lol) then it brings together the old stories we love and wraps them up nice and neatly in one package.

But that doesn't mean its just for newcomers, in addition I think its laid the groundwork for a new story to be told.

There is so much that was hinted at, or glossed over, and that's great because it left me wanting to see the next one, so I can find out where the story leads from here.

^^ Not a super well written post, but hey its hot and I'm tired :P

JJ said as much. They wanted to lay the groundwork and then go in weird directions with the next movie. If that's the game plan, I can be patient and am on board. I still think it was unnecessary to stick so closely to ANH in plot, though.

I'd give this a solid B, first time I watched it, the inner kid in me was overjoyed.  In a world of truely terrible movies such as Transformers, a B is pretty good.  The second time I watched it, it realized some mistakes and disappointments.  I'm willing to forgive that this was basically a New Hope 2.0 but I wished they instead focused on Finding luke more than another death star.   One thing that particularly irked me, was the terrible universe building, from the top of my mind, the only planet I remember is Jakku.  Most of the planets were unmemorable. They only used X wings and Tie Fighters when they could have and should have used more different ships.  One thing George lucas did well, in all of his movies (including the prequels) was universe building.   

His universe building also included the Gungans and, by extension, Jar Jar.

Good with the bad, I guess.

His universe building also included the Gungans and, by extension, Jar Jar.

Good with the bad, I guess.

I Don't really care for the Gungans as a whole, just Jar Jar hes absolute trash.  I can prob name all of the planets the prequels and the original trilogy took place on, but in episode 7 I can only name one, the rest are forgettable scenes 

Oh boy. Just as an overview, not sure it needs detail ;)

Plot - a rehash of the previous story, just a few name changes

Action too easy - the whole story was 'we need to do x, oh look we just did'

Really quite disappointing. I almost wish they had Disneyfied it with songs and a cartoon horse

Did anybody know the JJ is a Beastie Boys fan? And that one of the pilots names is Ello Asty, after the Beastie Boys album Hello Nasty? Crazy right?

I didn't like how Ren revealed his face so suddenly and not even far into the movie. I think his face should have been revealed right before he killed Solo. 

Did anybody know the JJ is a Beastie Boys fan? And that one of the pilots names is Ello Asty, after the Beastie Boys album Hello Nasty? Crazy right?

I read that somewhere else and I was like woah no way! haha 

Oh boy. Just as an overview, not sure it needs detail ;)

Plot - a rehash of the previous story, just a few name changes

Action too easy - the whole story was 'we need to do x, oh look we just did'

Really quite disappointing. I almost wish they had Disneyfied it with songs and a cartoon horse

heh I guess you are on the other end of the spectrum, my roommate loved the movie

I loved the fact that it wasn't the prequels. And I think I loved the nostalgia - the feeling that, notwithstanding 1999-2005, the Star Wars I knew and loved was back. But, in the cold light of reflection, I didn't think it was all that good. It was more the feels other than anything else which made it.

They were pretty good feels xD

Edit: and some pretty bad feels too :'(

Basically I got the impression that J J got confused about whether it was a sequel or a reboot, and made it a bit of both

Basically I got the impression that J J got confused about whether it was a sequel or a reboot, and made it a bit of both

10/10 Great summary

I like this movie, it's a solid movie. A ton better than the prequels but below the orginal. I loved the new characters like fin, rey and po. But I agree it's a solid B movie. 85/100

A ton better than the prequels but below the orginal. 

"I hate sand, its course and rough and it gets everywhere."

HOW COULD YOU NOT FEEL EMOTION AT THAT LINE, ITS SO EMOTIONAL AND AMAZING, SUCH GREAT ACTING

Young Anakin? 

baby-cute-kids-i-can-do-it-succesful-wal

Now this is pod racing! 

Its workinngggg, its worrrrkiiiinngggg!!!

Midi-Chlorians 

Better than 'I need to learn how to use the Force. *frowns a bit* Whee, I can use the Force as well as a trained Sith'

Better than 'I need to learn how to use the Force. *frowns a bit* Whee, I can use the Force as well as a trained Sith'

Trained Sith or trained bitch. Kylo was a little bitch most of the movie

Even Jack Lloyd knew how bad the Episode I was. He quit acting altogether.